Wamp complete solution with NS and DNS
Posted by: mezia (119.155.5.---)
Date: May 16, 2010 12:04AM

Can anyone guide me how can I configure Wamp with Windows 2003 DNS server and I need my own NameServers. I don't want to use website like ZoneEdit and I want to avoid VirtualHosting in Wamp.

Anyone can help?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wamp complete solution with NS and DNS
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras2.blp.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: May 16, 2010 12:13AM

Use IIS , MUCH simpiler in your situation

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: May 16, 2010 06:25AM

if planning on using IIS, you can install php and mysql add-on to IIS; however, it's easier to use asp.net and SQL on IIS, so this is not a forum for it

even w/ IIS, you might still end up to go through dns such as zoneedit... and if host more than 1 site, then still have to use VirtualHosts winking smiley remember dns is dns and VH is VH no matter what type of server or db or language script that you use so not sure what you really thinking sad smiley

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: mezia (116.71.36.---)
Date: May 16, 2010 10:33AM

Thanks for the replies. I am not really a fan of IIS. I am using Wamp since 2007 for my production http server (for a dedicated website) and its worked very well. But recently I plan to build a small data center and web hosting company. I have 3 Dell 2850 servers and 3 virtual servers are installed at every single server. Each virtual server contain 2GB ram. I want to start a hosting company and I want to install some dedicated servers for few websites as well in coming future.

I was planing to deploy cPanel but at this moment I am far away from that stage because of some investment technical issues. Well I am using Proxy mode in Wamp Apache Virtual Host to divert the web traffic from main server to other servers. In this senario everything is working fine. I have just facing Proxy error some times but that is not a big issue. Recently I planed to build my own separate DNS and NS servers because I don't want to use 3rd party services like ZoneEdit.

What do you think Wamp Server is good enough to work in data center environment and can we use our own DNS and NS with Wamp Server in Virtual Host environment?

thanks

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.