wampapache stuck starting, too!
Posted by: ZenProfit (---.cmdnnj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: May 10, 2010 08:42PM

For 4 years I have run Apache 1.3.33 (Win32) and PHP/5.0.3 on a dedicated server that has not changed any installed software in that period except for AVG, which has been fine for 2 years, and a few Windows Server 2003 Updates. My website and my blog (Wordpress 2.9.1) run under MySQL databases.

Last week the index page of the website threw an error: "access to localhost xxxx denied". When I tried to look at the MySQL database I could log into the Admin Page, but there was this error on the bottom of the page:

"The mbstring PHP extension was not found and you seem to be using a multibyte charset. Without the mbstring extension phpMyAdmin is unable to split strings correctly and it may result in unexpected results."

When I looked at services.msc wampapache status is "Starting", while wampmyslqd is "Started". I cannot stop the wampapache service, no matter what I do.

I have checked all of the usual suspects: there is NO IIS, I disabled AVG, I checked all of the httpd and php and my(wamp).ini config settings (which could not have changed since I have not ever changed them in 4 years) and they are all correct.

What I DID try to do was upgrade Wordpress 2.9.1 to 2.9.2 and also add the All-in-1 SEO addin.

Can someone point me to what I need to do to get back to functioning correctly? Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.