here is the answer of your *portable wamp* problem
Posted by: theliquidmetal (180.214.232.---)
Date: April 13, 2010 05:30AM

here is the answer of your *portable wamp* problem. this is sort term solution from me. follow my step.

1.) right-click "wamp server icon" in the system tray and then click "exit", if your wamp still run.
2.) make a backup of your wamp
3.) open notepad++ (not notepad). if you don't have notepad++, get it from [sourceforge.net], and then install it.
.... i use version 5.6.6. if yours doesn't appears or behaves like mine, you should update yours.
.... you can use another text editor with regular expression and recursive find capabilities.
4.) click "menu seach" -> "find in files..." or press "Ctrl+Shift+F"
5.) if you install wamp in "C:\wamp", fill "find what" box with "C: ([/\\])wamp".
.... (note: replace the space between ":" and "(". i add space because if not, it will appear like this: sad smiley )
.... or, if you install wamp in "D:\path\to\wamp", fill "find what" box with "D: ([/\\])path[/\\]to[/\\]wamp".
.... (note: replace the space between ":" and "(". i add space because if not, it will appear like this: sad smiley )
.... if you don't understand regular expression, ask sameone.
6.) if you want to move to "E:\new\path\of\wamp", fill "replace with" box with "E:\1new\1path\1of\1wamp".
.... or, if you want to move to "F:\the\pendrive\wamp", fill "replace with" box with "F:\1the\1pendrive\1wamp".
7.) fill "Filters" box with "*"
8.) if you install wamp in "C:\wamp", fill "directory" box with "C:\wamp".
.... or, if you install wamp in "D:\path\to\wamp", fill "directory" box with "D:\path\to\wamp".
9.) click "regular expression" circle.
10.) click "replace in files" button, then, click "OK" botton if alert appears.
11.) if you want to move to "E:\new\path\of\wamp", move the whole installation to "E:\new\path\of\wamp".
...... or if you want to move to "F:\the\pendrive\wamp", move the whole installation to "F:\the\pendrive\wamp".
the path configuration is finish!

in every computer which you want to run wamp:
12.) find "uninstall_services.bat" file in the root of wamp installation, and then double click it.
13.) find "wampmanager.exe" file in the root of wamp installation, and then double click it.
14.) click "wamp server icon". traverse the menu "apace" -> "service" -> "install servise", and then click that menu.
15.) click "wamp server icon". traverse the menu "mysql" -> "service" -> "install servise", and then click that menu.
the service configuration is finish!

if your pendrive letter different in every computer, each time you plug the pendrive in, you should do path configuration.

tips:
*) before you do path configuration, i recommend you to move "www" folder and "data" folder (in "{wamp root}\bin\mysql\mysqlx.x.xx" folder) outside wamp root folder, temporarily. notepad++ will scan all wamp subdirectory. the more files and/or the bigger database objects which you have, the more time notepad++ will consume. after you do path configuration, you should restore these folder location.
*) as an alternative, you can put "www" folder outside wamp root directory permanently, but you sould configure "httpd.conf" file in "{wamp root}\bin\apache\Apache2.2.11\conf" directory manually. find line with string "DocumentRoot "{pendrive letter}:/wamp/www/"" and line with string "<Directory "{pendrive letter}:/wamp/www/">", and change with new "www" folder path. meanwhile, you can do same thing with your "data" folder. open "my.ini" file in "{wamp root}\bin\mysql\mysqlx.x.xx" folder. find line with string "datadir={pendrive letter}:/wamp/bin/mysql/mysql5.1.36/data", and change with new "data" folder path. unfortunately, you must change this {pendrive letter} each time you plug the pendrive in.
*) files contain wamp path are just some. you don't have to backup whole wamp, just for do path configuration. you can find these files with the same procedure for configure the path. in step 10th, click "find all" button. you will see a list of all files contain the string which you search in the bottom. if the list is to long. right-click in that list, and then click "collapse all" menu. you just have to backup these files outside the wamp folder.

this procedure is still unoptimized. next time, i will write optimized procedure (or script to automate this procedure).

in first line, i write this is short term solution. weather i write optimized procedure (or script) or not, this is not true solution. what i mean of true solution is the change of "wampmanager.exe" behaviour. in my mind, "wampmanager.exe" should check the correctness of these paths in every configuration files which it reads and in the windows registry in early step. if the paths are not correct, it must correct these. another usual steps continue that step.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: here is the answer of your *portable wamp* problem
Posted by: theliquidmetal (180.214.232.---)
Date: April 27, 2010 07:50PM

hi everyone.

this is the update script for *portable wamp*. this script almost perfect, and more elegant way then before. you only have to run this script once in the first time for the entire live of your portable wamp server. the second run and so on of your wamp server, you just have to double-click the 'wampmanager.exe'. the wampapache and wampmysql service automatically installed. well, not always installed smiling smiley, sametimes installed, sometimes not. i'll fix this soon. get it from: [uploading.com] or [rapidshare.com] or [www.ziddu.com].

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: April 28, 2010 03:55AM

6.) if you want to move to "E:\new\path\of\wamp", fill "replace with" box with "E:\1new\1path\1of\1wamp".
.... or, if you want to move to "F:\the\pendrive\wamp", fill "replace with" box with "F:\1the\1pendrive\1wamp".

if your pendrive letter different in every computer, each time you plug the pendrive in, you should do path configuration.
this does not seem convenient for portable and if you do a search, you might already run into my old post w/ content as follows:
This way is most convenient but you have to create some batch files to make it work:
1. Install wamp on usb or any computer then copy wamp folder on to usb
2. Create batch file on usb to auto insert reg keys for wamp when it starts and wipe them out when wamp stops so you can use your usb in any computer w/o install wamp
3. Create another batch file to recognize usb no matter what drive letter it becomes so you can use it in any computer w/o setup drive letter, even public computer w/o privilege to change drive letter or path configuration.
4. You can also create file autoexec.bat on usb to auto run both batch files above every time insert usb into any pc

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: theliquidmetal (180.214.233.---)
Date: April 28, 2010 05:01AM

thanks for you suggestion. i know those procedure are obsolete. that why i make a script for this purpose. the procedure in that script is very different from what i wrote before. you can download it from one of three address which i provide at the top of you reply. please evaluate it. i want to know your comment.

thank you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.