WAMPserver not running
Posted by: a.jenery (---.brig.cable.ntl.com)
Date: April 05, 2010 12:01PM

Hi,

I downloaded and installed WAMPserver 2.0i from the download's page and clicked on the resulting Desktop shortcut icon.
Nothing happened other than another icon appearing in the Taskbar, and when I clicked on this I recieved the message 'WAMPSERVER server is offline'.
I specified 'localhost' during the instalation process... Anyway, how do I get it online winking smiley The reason I need WAMP is because I need to use the CMS Joomla!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WAMPserver not running
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: April 05, 2010 06:06PM

you need to setup access, dns, and vh; access for permission to connect to your wamp pc, dns to tie domain(s) to your wamp pc, and vh to host multiple domains/websites and even you have only 1 domain/ip, you should use vh to set it up; if dont have real domain, just skip dns guide

to setup access, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

to setup vh, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

to setup dns, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

to setup joomla, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: April 06, 2010 08:29AM

Great many thanks for your help. So, setting up access will enable my 'real PC' (I only have the one physical machine) to communicate with the virtual wamp pc/server and 'vh' means virtual host?

I won't have an actual ip address/domain (other than the one I have for the broadband connection) as I merely want to familiarise myself with joomla (cms); then I intend to get a hosting deal so an actual site won't be held on my machine. Does this mean I can simply use 'local host' and won't have to setup the dns?
Once again, thanks for your help...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2010 12:43PM by a.jenery.

Date: April 06, 2010 02:58PM

Date: April 13, 2010 01:06PM

Apologies for this late reply, only I just had a major malware problem that I finally sorted out. Once again, thanks for your help. I'm sure you've made it all clearer for me...winking smiley

Posted by: sachin1753 (---.107.173.122.airtelbroadband.in)
Date: April 13, 2010 08:15PM

I have DOWNLOAD WampServer 2.0i and install it on my local machine. But this is not working on my local machine. When we start wamp server first it comes in red color after that in yellow color and at the end it runs in white color.

When I start wamp server in my local machine it comes in red after that in yellow color. When I click on the wamp icon and click on the phpmyadmin link, it's not working there is no phpmyadmin.

If I use [localhost] this link is also not working.

Could you please help me to solve that problem. Waiting for your kind response.

Kind Regards,

Sachin Kumar

Posted by: bethuel maithya (---.infinet.co.ke)
Date: April 16, 2010 10:44AM

yes even me i have similar problem.

please help?

Date: April 17, 2010 03:45PM

make sure no other program conflict wamp such as iis, skype, zonealarm, firewall/antivirus, nod32, eset, any web related program ...

IIS and Apache/Wamp are both web server and might conflict in some way, so you have to disable IIS in order for Wamp to work

Disable IIS in Vista/W7:

Control Panel, Uninstall Programs, Turn Widows Features On or Off, uncheck Internet Information Services

Disable IIS in XP:

Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, Add/Remove Windows Components, uncheck Internet Information Services (IIS)

Restart computer, then restart Wamp

Also, open file hosts in folder C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc and delete anything in there and have only this line and nothing else

127.0.0.1 localhost

if using skype, open skype > tools>options>advanced>connection uncheck "use port 80..." restart wamp then skype

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.