extension_dir problem (help needed!!)...urgent
Posted by: giovanni (151.65.74.---)
Date: March 22, 2010 08:16PM

Dear all,

I'm going crazy after one day of modification without any result. I tried also to put the extension_dir line to the bottom of php.ini file without result.
I'm using WAMP 2.0i
Loaded Configuration File C:\Program Files (x86)\wamp\bin\apache\Apache2.2.11\bin\php.ini

There is no way on defining
extension_dir = "C:\Program Files (x86)\wamp\bin\php\php5.2.11\ext\"

using php(info) to check it I always find the same result:
extension_dir C:\php5

I'm going to install Vtiger and it correctly says me that extension are not loaded !!!

Are you so kind to tell me the solution of this mistery. I'm not a programmer and that's is really stressing.
Many thanks in advance
Giovanni

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: extension_dir problem (help needed!!)...urgent
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: March 23, 2010 03:46AM

delete file php.ini in folder C:\Program Files (x86)\wamp\bin\apache\Apache2.2.11\bin or more exact, you need to uninstall old apache

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: giovanni (151.65.75.---)
Date: March 24, 2010 08:50AM

Thanks for reply,

I'm not a tech guy and so it seems to me complicated .
Have I to install Apache2.2.15 under C:\Program Files (x86)\wamp\bin\apache and then delete Apache2.2.11?
It seems that, in this stand alone version, the php.ini file is not present in 2.2.15.

Probably, I suggest, just to maintain people connected to WAMP environment, it would be easy to publish a new revised and tested version of WAMP bundle with the correct Apache and php.ini version in order to enable php extension to be loaded and viewed.

Many thanks
Giovanni

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: March 24, 2010 10:50PM

sorry, I over looked; actually, the proper solution is uninstall your current wamp, delete wamp folder, restart pc, then reinstall wamp w/ DEFAULT location which is c:/wamp

to setup wamp, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2010 10:50PM by yfastud.

Posted by: coltseavers9 (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: April 08, 2010 06:02AM

I personally would like to get some sort of explanation in regards to a couple of the questions that giovanni touched on as well....

WHY does phpinfo( ) display the Config Dir = C:\Windows and the Extension Dir as C:\php5 ?!

i think it would help "teach a man to fish" instead of "feeding a man a fish"...

If nothing less, it is EXTREMELY misleading if it is irrelevant to wampserver functioning properly, and the explanation of why those values are represented as so would probably help avoid countless hours of frustration of actual developers and non-developers alike that immediately jump on those 2 values as the source of their problems.

Please explain, I beg of you. smiling smiley

Posted by: giovanni (151.65.72.---)
Date: April 08, 2010 07:49AM

Dear all,

Unfortunately I'm not so tech guy to answer to last post.
I did the hints suggested by yfastud (Moderator) and now it seems all to work properly.
The only thing that could be taken in consideration that not all the installation of wamp environment can be under C:\wamp directory.
All the best
Giovanni

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.