off line
Posted by: northernangler (---.63.42.55.static.rev.aanet.com.au)
Date: April 05, 2010 07:09AM

I have tried removing skype, nod32, eset and still a nil result.
Every time I try "put online" I get the same error message.

I have not at any time been able to get it going. IIS is not installed on the system.

Could not execute menu item
(internal error) [exception]
Could not perform service action:
The service has not been started.

Looking forward to getting a reasonable answer for this problem.

Northernangler
Townsville
Australia.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: off line
Posted by: moose (---.221-1-64736c10.cust.bredbandsbolaget.se)
Date: April 05, 2010 10:15AM

Hi northernangler!
I had the exact same problem but found the solution in another thread. There are many tips in the text, but what worked for me was this line:
Also, open file hosts in folder C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc and delete anything in there and have only this line and nothing else

127.0.0.1 localhost

I opened the lmhost.sam with note text editor and found a bunch of text. All lines in the text had a # in front of them. Text with that in front is not "active" so just let it be, but under the text i wrote "127.0.0.1 localhost", saved and restarted the wamp server. AND IT WORKED!!!
Hope you have the same luck i had.
This is the complete text from the thread:

Re: my wampserver turning yellow color.. Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: March 31, 2010 03:51AM

make sure no other program conflict wamp such as iis, skype, zonealarm, firewall/antivirus, nod32, eset, any web related program ...

IIS and Apache/Wamp are both web server and might conflict in some way, so you have to disable IIS in order for Wamp to work

Disable IIS in Vista/7:

Control Panel, Uninstall Programs, Turn Widows Features On or Off, uncheck Internet Information Services

Disable IIS in XP:

Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, Add/Remove Windows Components, uncheck Internet Information Services (IIS)

Restart computer, then restart Wamp

Also, open file hosts in folder C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc and delete anything in there and have only this line and nothing else

127.0.0.1 localhost

if using skype, open skype > tools>options>advanced>connection and uncheck "use port 80..." then restart wamp then skype

Have fun,

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.