Not working on windows 7 for me
Posted by: maurycy407 (128.164.16.---)
Date: March 30, 2010 07:36PM

I have used wampserver before however it was a long time ago.

After i install and run the program about one quarter of the meter is red and the rest is white. The localhost does not load as well as phpmyadmin. I changed my skype settings. Am i missing anyhting here?

Thanks in advance for the help

Also i am running the 64bit version of windows 7 and I installed the wampserver2 version thats currently in the downloads section.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2010 07:37PM by maurycy407.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Not working on windows 7 for me
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: March 31, 2010 03:57AM

no problem to run wamp on either win 32 or 64 so make sure no other program conflict wamp such as iis, skype, zonealarm, firewall/antivirus, nod32, eset, any web related program ...

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: falckdesign (---.user.veloxzone.com.br)
Date: March 31, 2010 07:56PM

Apache is not running on Windows 7 (32) for me too. I can't open [localhost] no matter what.

Googled around and found out this issue is usually related to port 80. However, this does not seem to be my case.

- Ran the test on port 80 and it says "Your pot 80 is not actually used".
- Turned off NOD32's http security, no result.
- Shut down NOD32, no result.
- Disabled my IIS, no result.
- Tryied to change the port wamp uses, no result.
- Apache's error log and access log are blank.
- Reinstalled Wamp, no use.

I've been struggling for days now, can someone give some hint?

Date: March 31, 2010 11:46PM

temp disable antivirus/firewall will NOT work but you have to completely uninstall both antivirus/firewall and wamp, remove wamp folder, restart pc, reinstall antivirus/firewall AFTER wamp and WHILE wamp is running

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: falckdesign (---.user.veloxzone.com.br)
Date: April 01, 2010 02:48PM

Well, I sort of solved the problem. After trying another server that was also not working, I found out Windows 7 woundn't give wamp ou any other server write / alter permission to the installed files (thus the empty log files, I guess), even tough I was using the Administrator profile (shame on you, win7)!!

The thing is, wamp didn't showed me any error message telling me this. To give your profile (adm or not) control, do the following:

1 - add your profile to the profile permissions list:
Right click the folder, Properties > Security > Advanced > 3rd tab > Edit > Other users... > 2nd button > Then select your computer, Ok, select its name on the windows' white bottom area, Ok, same for the other window, Apply/Ok, Apply/Ok again. Now your profile name will be on the list of permissions, the one that appeas after you select Properties > Security.

2 - give permission!
Right click the folder, Properties > Security > Edit. If your profile name does not appear o this list, click 'Add' on this window. Select your profile and tick Total Control.

3 - Some notes:
- I did this after rebooting and going Safe Mode, don't know if is necessary, tough.
- Also, check if the folder is not "read only". Mine was!
- NOD32 was shut down during the hole process.
- After all this, I excluded port 80 from NOD32 http chekcs, just in case.

God, I hope there is a easier way to do this in the future.
But it worked for me. After giving the wamp folder total control it works fine. Even with nod 32.

Date: April 01, 2010 05:04PM

already installed wamp on dozen 32/64bit win7 and never had to go through all those steps; anyway, hope your tips can help some wamp users winking smiley

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: birdman (---.218.in-addr.arpa.static.tm.net.my)
Date: April 05, 2010 04:45AM

I've a question... will disabling IIS affect anything? The system as a whole. I'm a noob :> I'm currently completing the following processes...

1) disable IIS via Windows Features (Ctrl Panel > Programs > Turn windows features on or off)
2) add wampserver.exe in my Kaspersky's (KIS) exclusion list
3) followed falckdesign's instructions; changed ownership to the current account though (not Admin). gave full control for each and every existing Users (just in case).

Still waiting for step 1 to complete, after this I'll reboot and report back, wish me luck! smiling smiley

Posted by: birdman (---.218.in-addr.arpa.static.tm.net.my)
Date: April 05, 2010 04:58AM

GOOD NEWS!

My WAMP homepage appears smiling smiley WAMP icon is white. That's all I can report so far and I'm not sure which of the 3 steps I did actually made the difference. If you fit the following criteria follow my steps:

1) Win7 Ultimate
2) using Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 (if you are using any other antiviruses maybe find a similar option/feature that gives specific apps to run legally)

GOOD LUCK!

I haven't actually tested everything else, I'm going to run a few tests if WAMP actually functions properly. Will report back again.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.