my wampserver turning yellow color..
Posted by: xbenx (203.82.93.---)
Date: March 30, 2010 07:07AM

my wampserver turning yellow color, how to turn it to white color? i dont have skype and before this my wampserver is ok but suddenly after i switch on my laptop then i start wampserver just only yellow color..please tell me the method how to repair my wampserver a.s.a.p. thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: my wampserver turning yellow color..
Posted by: Ron_ (---.adsl.wanadoo.nl)
Date: March 30, 2010 02:04PM

check your log files

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: March 31, 2010 03:51AM

make sure no other program conflict wamp such as iis, skype, zonealarm, firewall/antivirus, nod32, eset, any web related program ...

IIS and Apache/Wamp are both web server and might conflict in some way, so you have to disable IIS in order for Wamp to work

Disable IIS in Vista/7:

Control Panel, Uninstall Programs, Turn Widows Features On or Off, uncheck Internet Information Services

Disable IIS in XP:

Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, Add/Remove Windows Components, uncheck Internet Information Services (IIS)

Restart computer, then restart Wamp

Also, open file hosts in folder C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc and delete anything in there and have only this line and nothing else

127.0.0.1 localhost

if using skype, open skype > tools>options>advanced>connection and uncheck "use port 80..." then restart wamp then skype

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: xbenx (---.60.in-addr.arpa.tm.net.my)
Date: March 31, 2010 09:25AM

ron: how to check log files?
yfastud: any others option? because i still have problem, i use bit defender before this i did't turn off firewall is ok but now my firewall at bid defender is on/off still got problem sad smiley if i remove wampserver from my laptop it is mySQL still have at my laptop or gone?

Posted by: TheKillerR (---.rdsnet.ro)
Date: March 31, 2010 05:06PM

you should have a folder called logs inside your WWW Folder
did you fallowed all steps which yfastud gave you?

including the thing about C:\WINDOWS\.............

he forgot to mention that you need to open the hosts file
so go to
C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc
open the hosts file with notepad delete everything inside it and only add this line:

127.0.0.1 localhost

Posted by: xbenx (203.82.93.---)
Date: March 31, 2010 06:28PM

yeah i followed everything what yfastud said but still got problem, about the hosts file i been delete all include the files, how to get or make the hosts back? can i know where the database / mySQL file locate? because i must backup first before i remove wampserver then install again...

Date: March 31, 2010 11:43PM

to setup backup, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

temp disable antivirus/firewall will NOT work but you have to completely uninstall both antivirus/firewall and wamp, remove wamp folder, restart pc, reinstall antivirus/firewall AFTER wamp and WHILE wamp is running

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: cantthinkofanickname (---.range81-153.btcentralplus.com)
Date: April 02, 2010 01:33PM

If it was working then chances are you have installed an application that uses port 80 like Skype. If this is the case you need to change that applications port it uses. Then the icon will turn white. If not hope you find the solution soon.

Date: April 02, 2010 04:19PM

If it was working then chances are you have installed an application that uses port 80 like Skype
or your firewall/antivirus blocks wamp after silent auto update; thus, you need to setup exceptions for wamp in all firewall/antivirus

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.