Rotatelogs and WAMP
Posted by: brunobord (---.151.65-86.rev.gaoland.net)
Date: March 25, 2010 04:04PM

Hi all,

I'm a bit new to WAMP server, being most used to LAMP configurations. For work puposes, I have to use WAMP.

In my current project, logs are getting really big and I wish to set a rotation using rotatelogs.exe, which is bundled in the Wamp Install.

Unfortunately, everytime I try to add rotatelog for access or error logs, Apache refuses to restart.

Here is what I tried to set in my httpd.conf

CustomLog "C:/wamp/bin/apache/Apache2.2.11/bin/rotatelogs.exe c:/wamp/logs/access.log 86400" common

Of course, the pointed rotatelogs.exe exists, as long as the c:/wamp/logs directory.

What's wrong? How do I fix this?
thx

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rotatelogs and WAMP
Date: March 25, 2010 04:04PM

of course, I tried to google for this issue, and there's nothing here. Grrrr.

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: March 26, 2010 10:05PM

you should setup for each vh instead

to setup vh, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: March 31, 2010 02:05PM

well... setting up for a vhost is fine, but I'd really need to rotate them using rotatelogs.exe. If it's included in the WAMP distribution, that'd definitely mean we wan use it, wouldn't it?

BTW, when I try ton configure my virtualhost customlog, it throws an error we can see in the apache_error.log

[Wed Mar 31 13:57:55 2010] [error] (20024)The given path is misformatted or contained invalid characters: invalid transfer log path C:/wamp/bin/apache/Apache2.2.11/bin/rotatelogs.exe C:/wamp/logs/my_custom.access.log

The Vhost Log definition line is:

CustomLog "C:/wamp/bin/apache/Apache2.2.11/bin/rotatelogs.exe C:/wamp/logs/my_custom.access.log" common

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.