Re: The BIG Question
Posted by: thebigquestion (---.212-202-24.mc.videotron.ca)
Date: August 29, 2014 08:36PM

okay, teamviewer is all set up

The wamp set up may be crazy at the moment, but it kind of works and the icon is green.....

Date: August 31, 2014 05:14AM

I'd like you to look at it through teamviewer if you can but I believe I've found the problem, I don't know how to solve it or what modules need to be enabled in apache to fix it, but I think I've gotten it narrowed down.

First I'd like to thank you for all your great expertise, advice and help and the time it took you to reply, it is greatly appreciated.

This, is what I believe is the problem, excuse the layman's terms... :

I have a domain name registered at GoDaddy.... www.examples.com , I've forwarded that name to my IPaddress:8080 in order to change ports ( I can't forward to "www.examples.com:8080 because GoDaddy uses a "forwarding server" for domain forwarding so......

www.examples.com ----> forwarding server---->(IP:8080)----> ISP router----(IP:8080)----> dlink router --->(192.168.0.101:80)---->wamp home pc server.

I've switched from name based virtual hosting to IP based virtual hosting which is why the
<VirtualHost 192.168.0.101:80> lets the site work in my httpd-vhosts file and why my ip:8080 shows in the address of the browser when you type in www.examples.com

The reason why the browser address never changed was I had forwarded it with masking in my GoDaddy account so it was being presented inside a frame to the end user to mask the forward.

With all that figured out I now face the problem of having my IPaddress and port show in the browsers address when people access www.examples.com, after much reading ( remember this isn't my line of work... ) I think there's a way to rewrite the browser address people see and show it as something else using the

mod_rewrite or Alias or reverse proxy module or some module of apache, but I'm not sure which.

I don't want to redirect, just change my IP address and port number in the client browser to my registered domain name and keep anything else afterwards... ie

123.123.123.123:8080/index.php is seen as www.examples.com/index.php ,

If you verify that is the problem through the team viewer , What modules must I enable in wamp to perform this ? ... and if you can send me in the direction of any good tutorials on doing it as I realize that part of it isn't really a wamp problem anymore...

Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2014 05:20AM by thebigquestion.

Date: August 31, 2014 08:02PM

After thinking it all over and all the problems with attempting what I was trying, all for the sake of wanting to see how it acted live before getting paid hosting and only having a maximum of 20 connections and then having to get hosting anyway... I've bitten the bullet and gotten a paid hosting website.

I will host through wamp a development version of my site, running off of localhost... I'll set that up and if I run into problems , I'll let you know

Thank you for all your help, information and guidance, it is greatly appreciated.

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: August 31, 2014 08:25PM

That sounds like a good idea.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.