When will wamp be upgraded to better with windows 7?
Posted by: TheRevTastic (98.143.5.---)
Date: March 28, 2010 07:29PM

Well yeah title says it all, only reason I am asking this is that php has problems with windows 7 etc and messes up my IPB 3 ACP when using it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: When will wamp be upgraded to better with windows 7?
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras2.blp.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: March 28, 2010 08:19PM

no issues with win 7

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: March 28, 2010 09:59PM

you should change your title to error you have since it's not relevant; anyway, no issue to run wamp on either 32 or 64 win7 as some my latest guide were based on win7
[guides.jlbn.net]

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: eturk (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: March 29, 2010 04:42PM

respectfully yfastud, that guide assumes everything worked perfectly. i.e. click localhost and it shows. I've installed wamp several times on RC1 & full win7 and it never gets localhost working the first time. The tray icon shows red and i've got to hack around to figure out what's wrong. I would guess the poster has the same problem.

is there a definitive guide to troubleshoot when wamp does NOT install perfectly?

thanks!

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras2.blp.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: March 29, 2010 05:47PM

its not wamps fault.. its ur pc

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: March 30, 2010 12:14AM

let me rephrase what steven meant: I've already installed wamp on dozens pc, if not hundreds, it does NOT assume but it must work unless you have something else that interfere or block wamp to work such as iis, skype, zonealarm, firewall/antivirus, nod32, eset, any web related program, even remote pc access such as teamviewer ... and since it's YOUR pc, you suppose to know what would cause that issue because we can only guess to help based on what you only post, but CANNOT actually see what's going on on your pc and there is NO definitive guide to troubleshoot since millions wamp users would have millions different causes even have same issue because, just as posted above, it depends on what they have on their pc; for example, same issue yellow icon showing apache not working, but 1 might have skype and another might have iis and of course the solutions are not the same

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.