Wamp Server not working
Posted by: adalast (---.dsl.akrnoh.ameritech.net)
Date: March 23, 2010 10:20PM

I am going to start off by saying that all of this type of stuff with setting up testing servers is completely new to me, so you will have to bear with me for a minute and some noob problems. I have installed WampServer without any errors, restarted my computer, put my files in the www folder and tried to get [localhost] to work.... and nothing happens. Every time I attempt to load my localhost, I get a broken link message. My tray icon says that the Wamp server is running, but I can't seem to get it to work. Starting and Stopping services seems to have no affect whatsoever and I am really needing this for a site I am trying to build.

for referance: windows 7, UAC on, Firefox

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wamp Server not working
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: March 24, 2010 01:33AM

open file hosts in folder C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc and delete anything in there and have only this line and nothing else

127.0.0.1 localhost

if using skype, open skype > tools>options>advanced>connection and uncheck "use port 80..." then restart wamp then skype
also, disable uac and test to see if wamp working; if work, turn uac back on and setup permission for wamp

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: March 24, 2010 03:18PM

what do you mean by "open file hosts in folder C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc and delete anything in there and have only this line and nothing else

127.0.0.1 localhost "

I have some settings in there that I need for other software to run properly that i really would prefer not deleting. also, do you mean open the files and delete the contents or delete the whole files? I really don't wanna break this software since it is the software I use the most.

I did do the Skype and UAC stuff so far... but i'm leery on messing with those drivers\etc files since i know that there are settings in there i don't want to break.

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: March 24, 2010 11:06PM

file host should only contain that line, or only lines that you manual put in winking smiley
if having something else, most likely it's from spyware soft, or worst, illegal soft, which causes the problem for server to run sad smiley

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: March 25, 2010 02:10AM

thanks, that got it up and running. big help to me getting this site finished, thanks.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.