can I get wamp 2.2 back please?!?!?!
Posted by: jenn.bradford@yahoo.com (---.hsd1.de.comcast.net)
Date: August 23, 2014 01:44AM

Win 7, Wamp 2.5, 32 bit

I had an older version of WAMP that worked fine, then, to try out a script from a couple years ago I tried adding PHP 5.2. Stupid, but that's what happened.

Everything broke and I ended up wiping it clean and starting from scratch while following your instructions on the sticky note. Also needed the msvcr110.dll sticky note and have re-installed each year of the MS Redistributables 3 times now.

Now I'm getting "Aestan Tray Menu" error msg that says "The configuration file contains a syntax error on line 3; [EParseError] Could not load the file "images_off.bmp" specified in the directive "ImageList"

please, please, please make this version of WAMP work for me or give me a link to safely download WAMP 2.2

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: can I get wamp 2.2 back please?!?!?!
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: August 24, 2014 12:48PM

All the old versions of WAMPServer are still available here [sourceforge.net]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: August 24, 2014 02:15PM

Thank you, maybe I will try 2.5 again when all the bugs are worked out, but for now I'm sticking with what works smiling smiley

Date: August 24, 2014 06:12PM

They are not bug!

It just that VERY OLD versions of PHP will not run with new versions of Apache.

So PHP5.2.x wont run with APache 2.4.x as there are no linkages provided in PHP5.2 to Apache 2.4.

You would have had to install an old Apache as well as an old PHP.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: August 24, 2014 06:21PM

I didnt come here to argue, but nothing was added to 2.5 I tried to install and it just never worked because of this syntax error in the config file.

I reinstalled 2.2 and everything is fine. I plan to keep using wamp for new development. I just need to find another solution if i want to run older programs.

Date: August 24, 2014 06:36PM

Thats good, as I have no intention of argueing either, and didn't think my reply was argumentative.

Just thought I was passing on a little information.

As to 'images_off.bmp' missing, it should be in the \wamp\ folder so if it was missing I guess something didnt get properly installed somewhere.

Anyway, stick with whichever version you feel comfortable with by all means.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.