My php cli crash FIXED - All windows versions?
Posted by: bovineaux (---.perm.iinet.net.au)
Date: March 15, 2010 12:57AM

I was getting "stopped working" APPCRASH messages all the time from WAMP tray menu; on startup, on php version switch, on refresh -- I could not switch PHP versions at all. I really needed to today, so I looked at why it was happening.

It's because the tray menu ALWAYS uses PHP 5.3.0, but sometimes it tries to load php.ini from the addon version you are using, so it loads old (or new) .dll files... because of this, the php-cli or php-win exe crashes.

Problems...

c:\wamp\wampmanager.tpl - some incorrect calls to php
c:\wamp\scripts\refresh.php - generates more incorrect calls to php

Fixes...

In both files, find any lines that reference $c_phpCli OR $c_phpExe and make sure the "Parameters" part begins with "-c ."

EXAMPLE in wampmanager.tpl...

Action: run; FileName: "${c_phpCli}";Parameters: "-c . refresh.php";WorkingDir: "${c_installDir}/scripts"; Flags: waituntilterminated

EXAMPLE in refresh.php...

Action: run; FileName: "'.$c_phpCli.'";Parameters: "-c . refresh.php";WorkingDir: "'.$c_installDir.'/scripts"; Flags: waituntilterminated

All you should need to do now is RIGHT-CLICK on the tray menu and select 'Refresh'.

I hope this can be fixed in the wamp download files.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2010 12:57AM by bovineaux.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My php cli crash FIXED - All windows versions?
Posted by: bovineaux (---.perm.iinet.net.au)
Date: March 15, 2010 01:22AM

I think after this fix you end up with a bad php.ini in c:\wamp\bin\apache\{version}\bin\php.ini - my extension_dir was always pointing to 5.3.0

I just changed it manually and restarted Apache but I might look at fixing it proper later

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.