unable to start Apache after installing new network card
Posted by: denver49 (---.hsd1.co.comcast.net)
Date: August 18, 2014 08:36PM

WampServer has been working perfectly. I replaced the wi-fi network card in my PC. Something that occurred when drivers were installed for the new wi-fi card probably broke something since Apache will not start, but I can't figure out what that might be.

Windows system event log may contain related entries:

The wampapache service terminated with service-specific error Incorrect function..

The ICS_IPV6 was unable to allocate  bytes of memory. This may indicate that the system is low on virtual memory, or that the memory manager has encountered an internal error.

The ICS_IPV6 failed to configure IPv6 stack.

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
StarOpen
UimBus
Uim_DEVIM
Uim_IM
Uim_VIM

WLAN Extensibility Module has failed to start.

Module Path: C:\Windows\system32\Rtlihvs.dll
Error Code: 126

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: unable to start Apache after installing new network card
Posted by: denver49 (---.hsd1.co.comcast.net)
Date: August 18, 2014 09:29PM

Found another Windows error:
The Apache service named reported the following error:
>>> (OS 10049) The requested address is not valid in its context. : make_sock: could not bind to address 192.168.0.100:80 .

In httpd.conf I was using
Listen 127.0.0.1:80
Listen 192.168.0.100:80
so that a tablet or smartphone could connect over local wi-fi to my PC using 192.168.0.100 which is assigned in the wireless router as the PC address.

I had to revert back to
Listen 80
in order to make things work again, temporarily solving the problem.

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: August 19, 2014 10:11AM

Apache needs the TCP/IP stack ( thats part of the network stack ) to be working as it talks over TCP/IP

It sounds like you have not installed the new network card successfully. Once you sort that out Apache should work again.

You dont need the 'Listen 192.168.0.100:80' the Listen 127.0.0.1:80 will suffice.

Possibly you have not set the network card to use a static ip address and the address that DHCP has allocated to your device is not 192.168.0.100 anymore.

Also did you uninstall the previous network card drivers? Possibly your restart issues are because you have 2 sets of drivers both trying to do basically the same thing, or maybe those errors are from your old drivers not finding a card anymore.

But whatever, this would appear to be a network setup problem and not a WAMPServer problem.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: August 19, 2014 10:54AM

Hi,

I think that "Listen 0.0.0.0:80" is better that "Listen 127.0.0.1:80" because apache will consider all IPv4 addresses.
One can also add
Listen [:: 1]:80
to consider all IPv6 addresses.

We can perform a procedure for full reset of the IP configuration.
In line command window, enter these commands:
netsh winsock reset
netsh winsock reset catalog
netsh int ip reset reset.log
netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log
netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log
ipconfig /flushdns
Then restart the machine.
Please note, this resets all IP configuration, it should be reworked. Unless particular configuration, it reconfigures itself (almost) alone.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.