Which is a better Wamp Version
Posted by: caydee (---.dip0.t-ipconnect.de)
Date: August 18, 2014 02:56PM

Hi RiggsFolly,

Wamp Manager Icon is Yellow. The cause is that Apache server is unable to start Service and Port 80 is not being used.

In the Event Viewer it was looking for a file I had erroneously deleted. On restoring it the icon turns Green and works.

However, Apache Error Log grumbles about one error since the beginning: Session Cache is not configured [hint: SSLSessionCache]

I enabled the Apache SSL module and also the socache_shmcb_module, but this seems not to take any effect.

In fact SSL has been the Achilles Heel in this version of Wamp on my system and since that version of SSL was any ways buggy and insecure at the time, I let it be. Since then Apache has moved on to a better version and SSL was overhauled and the loop holes were removed. You may recall helping me on TeamViewer and getting it going..ta for that.

Would you therefore recommend that I install Wamp version 2.5 ?

Running: Windows 8
Wamp: Apache 2.4.4 | Php 5.4.16 | MySQL 5.6.12

Regards,

Caydee

PS. Wonder what WAMP would or better still what would we all do without you!

Caydee

IN ALL THINGS BE MEN
Windows 10 x64 | WAMP 3.3.2 - x64 | Apache 2.4.58 | MySQL 8.2.0 | PHP 8.2.13 | PHPMyAdmin 5.2.0

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Which is a better Wamp Version
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: August 18, 2014 04:02PM

Hi Caydee,

Yes I remember you.

Ok,

Make sure that this line in your httpd.conf is Un-commented
#LoadModule socache_shmcb_module modules/mod_socache_shmcb.so

Also make sure that this line in your ..../conf/extra/httpd-ssl.conf points to a folder that actually exists

SSLSessionCache        "shmcb:c:/wamp/logs/ssl_scache(512000)"

By default I think it points to C:\apache2\logs or something that does not actually exists in a wampserver install

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: caydee (---.dip0.t-ipconnect.de)
Date: August 18, 2014 06:59PM

Thanks for your input. You're a gem!

The line:
SSLSessionCache        "shmcb:c:/Apache24/logs/ssl_scache(512000)"
SSLSessionCacheTimeout  300

aleady exists (uncommented), but there is no such folder "ssl_scache(512000)" in the "C:\wamp\bin\apache\Apache2.4.4\logs".

Does that mean I should create that file and if so, can that have any other name or exactly the same as shown above: ssl_scache(512000). If I change the folder name, then I would of course, also tally it with the code-line above.

Caydee

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: August 19, 2014 01:16AM

No just change it to

SSLSessionCache        "shmcb:c:/wamp/logs/ssl_scache(512000)"

Assuming you have WampServer installed on C:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.