need to help troubleshooting vhost setup
Posted by: duceduc (---.saitama.ocn.ne.jp)
Date: February 23, 2010 10:15AM

I got my wampserver up and running with one of my domain. Now I want to configure the vhost to have multiple website running. I followed the guide and have completed with minor issue.
[guides.jlbn.net]

From computer that was wamp installed. I am able to browse the site just fine. However, outside my lan, I am having a little trouble. It seems all the subdomains (2) is pointed back the the parent domain when I type in www.subdomain.domain.com

I am using zonedited as a DNS. I have also added two subdomains using the A Name. I have also verify with nslookup and both are pointing to the same ip. Am I suppose to configure something else in zonedited?

I know I am missing a setup or two but I don't know where.

Do we need to wait 24-48hrs for it to propagate? The domain is existing and has been working btw.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2010 10:26AM by duceduc.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: need to help troubleshooting vhost setup
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: February 24, 2010 12:29AM

Do we need to wait 24-48hrs for it to propagate?
theory, you have to wait 6-72hrs to take effect, but I change dns in zoneedit very often and it normally take couple minutes for subdomains

However, outside my lan, I am having a little trouble. It seems all the subdomains (2) is pointed back the the parent domain when I type in www.subdomain.domain.com
are you sure to setup dns in zoneedit correctly since www.subdomain.domain.com and subdomain.domain.com are NOT the same; also, make sure to restart wamp after any change

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.