MySQL ?'s
Posted by: TalonTsi90 (---.160.161.66.DED-DSL.fuse.net)
Date: February 16, 2010 05:20AM

Ok, im migrating from Instant Servers Miniportal to WAMP. Miniportal was setup really good, and is a really good server, but they stopped support on it a couple years ago, and its a pain to upgrade PHP, MySQL and other features manually because im running a windows box.

So, i run mostly phpBB3 boards, with other reg html sites. My old db is in MySQL 3.23.49 (an Instant Servers variation), and the WAMP version is 5.1.36. I need to add a db to change over the db from the phpBB sites, then do an upgrade. I figured to make it easier, i would name the db the same, so the tables wont freak out when i do a restore of the forums.

My problem is this: since IS Miniportal would do a LOT of things behind the scene (and this is my first time dealing with Apache/PHP/MySQL in this type of enviro) im at a loss as to what to choose for the coding of the db. In phpMyAdmin, under Databases, i add the db name, but i dont know what to choose for the drop down box. It defaults to "Collation" and then has a billion choices under that.

So, any clues? Thanks smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: MySQL ?'s
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: February 16, 2010 05:37AM

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.