WAMP Apache will not start (strange)
Posted by: warrendistler (---.dhcp.insightbb.com)
Date: February 14, 2010 10:24PM

I downloaded WAMP 2.0 a few days ago and intalled it on my Windows 7 desktop. It started easily and ran without any issues until yesterday. I did not shut down the PC but left it running and left to go somehwre for a few hours. When I returned, I tried to open a web site I have been working on and got a white browser screen with no errors. I tried to restart the serevr and nothing. I used the Appache port 80 test and it6 said that maybe SKYPE was the culprit. I uninstalled Skype, nope!!! I uninstalled my Logitech webcam software does does about the same thing as SKYPE, didn't work. I went into my router and redid all my port forwarding, nada! I reinstalled WAMP. no help. I searched all services running on 127.0.1 and couldn't justify most of them with the reported PID numbers. I set both the Apache server and MySQL service to automatic. no help

1. can anybody suggest anything?

2. Can anyone suggest how I can get the data from the MySQL databse as I can not access that through the Wamp Server and the PHPmyadmin will not open.

Thanks in advance for any help on this matter

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WAMP Apache will not start (strange)
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras2.blp.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: February 14, 2010 11:34PM

add me to msn stevenmartin99@hotmail.com

you changed too many things to try tell you on forum lol

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.