i cant enter in my localhost
Posted by: gfuret (---.188.166.190.f.sta.codetel.net.do)
Date: January 22, 2010 06:21AM

im trying to enter in the localhost but its required an username an username and password and i dont have one. The windows says: the server localhost: 80 requires username and password
What can i do??

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: i cant enter in my localhost
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras2.blp.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: January 22, 2010 11:13AM

uninstall microsoft IIS

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Posted by: gfuret (---.50.166.190.f.sta.codetel.net.do)
Date: January 22, 2010 05:41PM

doesnt work!

now it cant make a conexion with localhost

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: January 22, 2010 10:32PM

IIS and Apache/Wamp are both web server and might conflict in some way, so you have to disable IIS in order for Wamp to work

Disable IIS in Vista:

Control Panel, Uninstall Programs, Turn Widows Features On or Off, uncheck Internet Information Services

Disable IIS in XP:

Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, Add/Remove Windows Components, uncheck Internet Information Services (IIS)

Restart computer, then restart Wamp

Also, open file hosts in folder C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc and make sure you have only this line and nothing else

127.0.0.1 localhost

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: khristi (---.client.mchsi.com)
Date: January 23, 2010 06:47AM

I've been looking all over for a solution to my issue. All the solutions are the same but neither is my problem. Just recently I get only a blank page in WAMP for anything in firefox. I can only get to localhost, phpMyadmin etc through IE. I'm not running Skype. I dont have IIS services turned on and I've uninstalled and re-installed with the same result. Nothing but a blank page for anything on localhost in FireFox. I've never had a problem with WAMP or anything like this in the several years I have been using it.
Any ideas for this sudden mess when all the standard solutions don't apply?
Thanks

Posted by: samoweb (41.220.75.---)
Date: January 24, 2010 10:05AM

I have exactly ly the same problem and sent the same post on can open local host on webbrowser. No one has come to help yet. I really wander why

Posted by: RawPowerDesign (---.home.cgocable.net)
Date: January 24, 2010 10:16PM

Here's a crazy curveball to this problem.

I am not using skype (don't even know what it is for that matter) I have successfully installed WAMP many many times before with no trouble. All of a sudden I get a blank page on firefox, or a cannot connect error on IE or Safari but it works perfectly in Opera.

What would cause that?

I like using firefox as my main browser and I don't understand what the blank page is all about, it is really frustrating to have something work one minute, then not the next. PLEASE ADVISE!!!

PS I am running XP home so I know it isn't a problem with IIS. When I test port 80 it says that it is being used by Apache/2.2.11 (Win 32) PHP/5.3.0.

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras2.blp.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: January 25, 2010 09:42AM

add me to msn if u want help

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Date: January 26, 2010 12:21AM

open file hosts in folder C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc and make sure you have only this line and nothing else

127.0.0.1 localhost

make sure no other program conflict wamp such as iis, skype, zonealarm, firewall/antivirus, nod32, eset, any web related program ...

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: mrreference (---.bb.sky.com)
Date: February 11, 2010 11:15PM

I have had the same errors as you guys, Skype installed, so I turned that off, opened Skype and unchecked the Port 80 box on the connections and still no joy.

Then after hours of searching what could be on port 80 and running lots of netstat commands I found out the following:

I had a program called Adblock Plus (an advert blocker) using port 80 so I switched it off, success YES, but short lived, another service then hogged port 80, a file called KService.exe, it relates to the skyanytime player i recently downloaded. After opening services.msc using the run prompt, I found KService and changed Automatic to Disabled.

Closed down wamp, opened it up and voila! I now have my phpmyadmin page

All I can suggest is open up the command prompt, type netstat -ano, look for anything using port 80 on your local address, at the end of the column it will give you a PID number. Open windows task manager, goto View, select columns and make sure PID (Process Identifier) is selected. Match the numbers up and you will see what program is using Port 80. Quick search in Google will tell you what to do. Hence KService.exe, a program hogging my bandwidth even when I'm not using it. cheeky $*&$$%!!!!

Good luck

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2010 11:16PM by mrreference.

Date: February 12, 2010 02:19AM

that's why already stated "any web related program"

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.