Reloaded Windows, now admin page doesn't show up???
Posted by: TJ (---.hsd1.mi.comcast.net)
Date: February 01, 2010 03:40PM

I had installed WampServer a few months ago to play around with some Wordpress code. I got that all working fine, including installing Wordpress. Some time after that I had to reload Windows and tried to reinstall WampServer again, (not realizing that it was still on my system) and now I can't get the control panel to show up (where you set up the tables and all of that, the PHPMyAdmin page). I keep getting a login pop-up instead, and it doesn't recognize my username and password I created initially. I believe it's looking for the stuff I set up originally. I tried typing in 'root' with no luck. I didn't realize that all of those files were still on my system, and now I can't view the code locally or get to the admin page.

The WampServer icon in my system tray is yellow, not white. I think the problem is that I didn't successfully remove all of the old folders, which were relocated (I think?). I also tried deleting the WAMP folder off of my C drive, and then tried to reinstall the WampServer, but I'm still running into the same problem. I'm thinking I didn't get rid of everything.

I basically want to start over fresh and reinstall everything from scratch. This local server stuff is all new to me so please keep it as simple as possible. Thanks! Help is greatly appreciated.

Running Windows XP on PC

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reloaded Windows, now admin page doesn't show up???
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: February 01, 2010 11:24PM

open file config.inc.php in phpmyadmin folder

Find and delete anything b/w single quote after equal sign:
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = 'DeleteAnythingHere';

To become:
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = '';

download resetmysql here
[downloads.jlbn.net]

to setup password, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.