Wamp Server won't install
Posted by: vraho100 (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: August 05, 2014 10:55PM

Hi,
I have installed wamp server 2.2 on my windows vista before. When I wanted to get rid of 2.2 and go to 2.5 I uninstalled it and tried to install 2.5. Here is the problem... I open the setup icon it opens I click agree and next.... but when it gets to the "Extracting Files" Part it just stops and does not go on. I leave it for 24 hours and nothing. So I try it again and again and.... Nothing. What should I do, install 32 or 64 bit? or go back to 2.2

Tahnks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wamp Server won't install
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: August 06, 2014 01:01AM

WampServer 2.5 should run on Vista, but you may need to check yo have all the correct MSVC Runtimes see [forum.wampserver.com]

I would stick to the 32bit, both should run, but 32bit has more extensions that are easily findable. Some extensions are still not availabel on the 64bit.

Also PHP 64bit is still considered Experimental and is not a complete 64bit port yet.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: August 06, 2014 02:33AM

I did what you said, installed everything right. But still it stops at "extricating files..."

Unknown what I am doing wrong.

Date: August 06, 2014 10:21AM

Have you checked your event viewer ( eventvwr.msc ) to see if anything in there sheds any light on the issue.

If it stops while extracting the file thats basically the first part of the install, have you got a virus checker that could be getting in the way? Its unusual but possible.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: August 11, 2014 10:14PM

So, I disabled my anti-virus and tryed to install wamp again... still got stuck at "Extracting Files"

I opened the event viewer and this is what I got:

The Windows update Hotfix for Windows (KB960884) requires reboot. (Command line: ""C:\Windows\system32\wusa.exe" "C:\Users\Theodore\AppData\Local\Temp\pftE968.tmp\src\Windows6.0-KB960884-v2-x64.msu" /quiet /norestart " )

Can you explain this in English. I know a little about coding but I need some guidance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2014 10:14PM by vraho100.

Date: August 12, 2014 11:35AM

I would guess that you have a issue with Windows Update. It looks like one of the updates 'Hotfix for Windows (KB960884)' has not completed properly and that is getting in the way of any other install you attempt.

I think you need to fix the Windows Update issue first, we are not qualified to help with that, but I did find this with a quick google [answers.microsoft.com]

Date: August 22, 2014 09:39PM

So I figured it out...
After hours of playing around with wamp and installing it on my laptop I figured it out!

In the wamp folder c:\wamp their is a .bat file that is uninstall_services. If it is not their it should be. So I ran it and hit Y when prompted it said: stopping hMailserver. Then it self closed. After that i deleted the remain 5 wamp folder and ran the install. Success!

Now wamp is in the green!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.