Apache Service
Posted by: IXLKIDDO (---.sd.sd.cox.net)
Date: July 31, 2014 02:55AM

The problem with my wampserver is, is that I cannot get the apache service online thus my website being down. How to solve this, I have no idea. I have tried starting it manually but it won't work. I changed the listen servers to 18391 to make it possible to connect to my webserver since my ISP is blocking port 80. Also I have made sure no other program is holding port 18391. However, (my guess is) that apache is persisting to use port 80 even though I have changed the listen port to 18391. This is the only service not started and in order to get it to start I would have to re-install wampserver, change all the configs back, and then never turn my computer to sleep, hibernate, restart, or shut it down ever again...

Please help me fix this problem...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Apache Service
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: July 31, 2014 11:01AM

Please answer these questions [forum.wampserver.com]

Apache writes errors to the Event log even before it attempts to write to its own error log, so you can view them using the windows Event Viewer. What are the errors in the Event Log?

If your ISP is blocking port 80 how do your site users get to you?
Do you have to tell them a ip address and port number to use i.e. xx.xx.xx.xx:18391

Maybe it would be helpful to describe what you are actually trying to do?

PS: If you are trying to make a site available on the internet, then, never turn my computer to sleep, hibernate, restart, or shut it down ever again... This is going to be true anyway.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.