installed wamp on windows 8
Posted by: normanb (---.skybroadband.com)
Date: July 28, 2014 03:38PM

installed wamp on windows 8 appears ok but opens phpmyadmin in separate window "localhost/mysql wampserver/"
It allows me to create new Dbase ok, but this path does not work.
Can anybody help
Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: installed wamp on windows 8
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: July 28, 2014 04:29PM

Sorry Norman,

I dont quite understand the problem.

When you say 'opens phpmyadmin in a seperate window' do you mean in another browser windows instead of another browser tab?

What changes, if any have you made to the wampserver config?

What are you running to get this new window? The link on the wampserver homepage or the menu item 'wampmanager -> phpMyAdmin'

Do you have a HOSTS file ( c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts ) and if so what is in it please?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: July 28, 2014 06:46PM

Clicking on phpmyadmin on either the Webserver Homepage or the phpmyadmin tab on webserver 2.5 opens the phpmyadmin page which is tagged "localhost/MySQL webserver/phpmyadmin".

On this pa ge I have created a dbase "mywebsite" and when selected the tag becomes "localhost/MySQL webserver/mywebsite/phpmyadmin".

My website is located in C>wamp>www>mywebsite

I have changed the config file to read "localhost" "root" "( )"

I am having difficulty on how to get my website to work.

sorry I cant explain things better but i'm an 83 year old novice

Many thanks fo your response

Norman

Date: July 28, 2014 07:01PM

Sorry I have put "MySQL webserver" instead of "MySQL wampserver" in both the localhost addresses which should be "localhost/MySQL wampserver/phpmyadmin". and "localhost/MySQL wampserver/mywebsite?phpmyadmin".

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: July 28, 2014 09:04PM

Hay Norman,

Never appologise for a little experience.

You have me confused, can I offer to connect up using TeamViewer and take a look for myself, as what you are saying does not seem to make a lot of sence with any of my experiences.

If this is acceptable, my timezone is GMT, if you want to suggest a time when it would be be good for you I will see if I can make myself available.

If so, install TeamViewer ( www.teamviewer.com ) its free.

About the arranged time, start TV and send me a Private Message with the ID and Password from TV and I will be able to connect and see whats actually happening.

I realise you may consider this a risk, but I have done this many times for other people having strange issues. I can assure you I will not do anything to harm your system and you can kill the connection anytime you feel unhappy.

Regards

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.