Bridged Routers, what ports to forward where?
Posted by: Aritech (---.hsd1.mi.comcast.net)
Date: July 28, 2014 09:26AM

Hey guys!
I have used wampserver for website flawlessly over the years with not alot of trouble what so ever.
I have a desktop pc with a wifi adapter now, i was using a lan cord to connect directly to my xfinity/comcast router. but that router does not have wifi, and i have a older netgear router that does have wifi.

I have always been able to port forward port 80 tcp/upd and people could connect to my site.
But i am now connected to wifi with the netgear router, which gets its internet from the xfinity router. I believe this is called a bridge.
Now i login to my router on the netngear router and it said the IP that was given to it from the isp is 10.0.0.3, (which is basically the IPV4 of it) so if i was on my desktop and my ipv4 was 10.0.0.2 i would port forward port 80 TCP/UPD 10.0.0.2
So i logged into the xfinity router and port forward 80 TCP/UPD for 10.0.0.3 which is the IPV4 that the xfinity router gave the netgear router.
My site would not load!
So i tried this, i logged into my netgear router, the one that i am connected too via wifi. Got my IPV4 that the netgear router gave my PC. and port forwarded 192.168.1.2 PORT 80 TCP/UPD
My site will still not load for other people!

So my question is what ports do i have to forward where to get it opened up?!
Thanks in advance!

Re: Bridged Routers, what ports to forward where?
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: July 28, 2014 11:33AM

I assume you realise that wifi connections are at best half the speed or a ethernet wired conections and if the signal is not perfect it will be even slower than that.

This question is outside the scope of this forum, can I suggest you try `PortForward.com` This page talks about double router Forwarding

I hope it helps to clears up your mistakes and misconceptions.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.