installation somehow failed - what did I make the wrong way ?
Posted by: Sonja (---.dsl.fcom.ch)
Date: July 28, 2014 12:37AM

bonsoir...

Version of Operating system? Windows 7 Pro, Service Pack 1. 64-bits.
Version of Wamp Server installed? 2.5, 32 bits
Version of Apache you are running? what was included in your installation file, downloaded yesterday
Version of MySQL you are running? what was included in your installation file, downloaded yesterday
Version of PHP you are running? what was included in your installation file, downloaded yesterday
What colour is your WampManager icon? ( the in the system tray ) Orange
Do you have a HOSTS file? [c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts] I have no idea

Problem description: It is a new installation of wamp server, on a PC which is completely stand alone (=it is not connected to the internet). I chose your 32-bit-version, because it seemed the more stable version.
With the 32-bit-internet-explorer,I can successfully surf to [localhost] or to [localhost].
But I get several errors when surfing to [localhost]
The logfiles seem all fine except your php log:
--------------------------------------
[27-Jul-2014 21:43:20 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.12/ext/php_intl.dll' - Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden.

in Unknown on line 0

[27-Jul-2014 21:43:20 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.12/ext/php_ldap.dll' - Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden.

in Unknown on line 0

[27-Jul-2014 21:43:21 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.12/ext/php_intl.dll' - Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden.

in Unknown on line 0

[27-Jul-2014 21:43:21 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.12/ext/php_ldap.dll' - Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden.

in Unknown on line 0

[27-Jul-2014 23:46:34 Europe/Paris] PHP Deprecated: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in C:\wamp\www\testmysql.php on line 2

[27-Jul-2014 23:46:34 Europe/Paris] PHP Stack trace:

[27-Jul-2014 23:46:34 Europe/Paris] PHP 1. {main}() C:\wamp\www\testmysql.php:0

[27-Jul-2014 23:46:34 Europe/Paris] PHP 2. mysql_connect() C:\wamp\www\testmysql.php:2

[27-Jul-2014 23:46:34 Europe/Paris] PHP Warning: mysql_connect(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Der angegebene Host ist unbekannt. in C:\wamp\www\testmysql.php on line 2

[27-Jul-2014 23:46:34 Europe/Paris] PHP 2. mysql_connect() C:\wamp\www\testmysql.php:2

[27-Jul-2014 23:46:34 Europe/Paris] PHP Warning: mysql_connect(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Der angegebene Host ist unbekannt. in C:\wamp\www\testmysql.php on line 2

--------------------------------------
Let us analyse the very first line of the logfile. Translated into English: the dll was not found.
I opened the mentioned directory, but I can find the 2 dlls which the logfile says they are missing.

So what is wrong with my PC ?

Best regards, Sonja

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: installation somehow failed - what did I make the wrong way ?
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: July 28, 2014 11:11AM

Hi Sonja,

The testmysql.php script is a sample script, but it need to be edited to use the correct HOST, DBUSER and DBPASSWORD. The default would be as follows :-

<?php 
$link = mysql_connect('localhost','root',''); 
if (!$link) { 
	die('Could not connect to MySQL: ' . mysql_error()); 
} 
echo 'Connection OK'; mysql_close($link); 
?>

These 2 errors

27-Jul-2014 21:43:20 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.12/ext/php_intl.dll' - Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden.

in Unknown on line 0

[27-Jul-2014 21:43:20 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.12/ext/php_ldap.dll' - Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden.

Can be fixed by doing this :-

left click the wampmanager -> Apache -> Version

and click on the version number, this will rebuild all the SYMLINK's in the Apache/bin folder which will correct that small woops in the 2.5 release.

You can set the timezone to the correct one for your location by editiing the php.ini file like this

Edit the php.ini by doing :- left click wampmanager -> PHP -> php.ini

find this section
[Date]
; Defines the default timezone used by the date functions
; [php.net]
date.timezone = Europe/Paris

And change it to, for example

[Date]
; Defines the default timezone used by the date functions
; [php.net]
date.timezone = Europe/London

This message
PHP Deprecated: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future:

can be ignored for now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: Sonja (---.dsl.fcom.ch)
Date: July 28, 2014 02:46PM

Hi RiggsFolly,

thanks for your quick and detailed answer :-)

The changed testmysql.php works now as expected.

About the error "dll not found":
> Can be fixed by doing this :-
> left click the wampmanager -> Apache -> Version
> and click on the version number, this will rebuild all the SYMLINK's in the Apache/bin folder
> which will correct that small woops in the 2.5 release.
When I left double click c:\wamp\wampmanager.exe, then no menu appears. I just see wampmanager.exe showing up in the task manager. But no window from wampserver opens.

On your main website, paragraph "USING WAMPSERVER", it says:
> Click on the “localhost” link in the WampSever menu
> or open your internet browser and go to the URL : [localhost]
here again, I can use the internet browser, but I cannot use your first solution, since I see no wampserver menu.

The wampserver icon is still orange.

So how do I get the wampserver menu ?

Best regards, Sonja

Windows 7, SP1, 64 bits. The PC is not connected to the internet.
WAMP 2.5, 32 bits (Apache 2.4.9 / mySQL 5.6.17 / PHP 5.5.12)

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: July 28, 2014 03:29PM

If the wampmanager icon is not GREEN then one of the services ( Apache(wampapache)/MySQL(wampmysqld) ) has not started properly.

Apache and MySQL communicate via TCP and Apache expects the TCP stack to be there ( TCP is part of the network stack ) so if you have not created a network connection this is probably the problem.

Afterall Apache is a web server and a web server without a connection to the internat is a bit like an Ash tray on a motor bike!!!

Look at your 'Windows Event Viewer' -- Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer

In the left menu click Windows Logs -> Application

Look for errors from Apache and/or MYSQL, this will probably confirm my diagnosis, but paste a few here just so we can check.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: amitjsh010 (---.170.168.122.airtelbroadband.in)
Date: November 20, 2014 08:42AM

I am getting error but my program is running well.

The mysql code is showing me error for today in php

( ! ) Deprecated: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in C:\wamp\www\inputconnect.php on line 2
Call Stack
# Time Memory Function Location
1 0.0010 131856 {main}( ) ..\inputconnect.php:0
2 0.0010 132048 mysql_connect ( ) ..\inputconnect.php:2

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: November 20, 2014 12:27PM

That is because the PHP mysql_* functions are to be removed from PHP sometime in the future. You should be using either the mysqli_* or PDO functions to access a mysql database now, or somtime soon you will not be able to move this code to the newest versions of PHP as the extension will not be provided.

Deprecate in a software sense mean soon to be dropped or removed from usage.

If you can, change the code to use one of the new extensions, however if you cannot then you will need to change PHP's error reporting so it does not issue these errors.

Option 1:
Edit php.ini ( using the wampmanager menus wampmanager -> PHP -> php.ini ) to make sure you are editing the correct file.

Find this line
error_reporting = E_ALL

And change it to
error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED

Option2:

Or better still if you have a Virtual Host setup for this project make the changes in the VHOST definition file like so. This way it only effects the one site that is using the old mysql_* extension.

<VirtualHost *:80>

... other stuff ...

php_value error_reporting 24575
</VirtualHost>

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2014 12:34PM by RiggsFolly.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.