Date: July 25, 2014 10:31AM

Hi I am using

Windows 7
Wampserver 2.5
Apache 2.4.9
PHP 5.5.12
MYSQL 5.6.17
My Wampserver is green

I am trying to run a TNG website on my PC. (not the internet) If I go through wampserver and click on local host I can see my folder "geneology"on the local host page ...geneology being the folder that I created. However when I click on this folder it takes me to an external website not into the files within that folder on my PC (there is a TNG setup file I have to access)

When I go through wampserver and click on my projects/geneology ,it comes up as an external website
(www.geneology.com )

I think I need to change the link on the geneology folder to read my PC/localhost not an external website

Can anybody help ?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: wampserver used for website on my own PC
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: July 25, 2014 01:00PM

I can only assume that you called the folder 'geneology.com' or 'www.geneology.com'

Change the name of the folder to just 'geneology'

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: mike4242 (2.29.34.---)
Date: July 28, 2014 10:18AM

Hi , my folder is Just "Genealogy" no dot com or WWW. However it is a sub folder of WWW. I have now got around this by going direct to a page within genealogy ( through localhost) rather than C:/WAMP/GENEALOGY/
However if I just go to wammpserver main page and click on my folder "genealogy" thats displayed at the bottom of the page it goes through google "looking up" and loads by default WWW.Genealogy.com ! strange
Anyway I have the work around ..thanks for the help

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: July 28, 2014 11:13AM

You need to create a Virtual Host for each project, read this

WAMPServer 2.5 The Homepage, Your Projects Menu and the need for Virtual Hosts

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.