Orange Icon and New User!
Posted by: xtopher66 (---.range86-167.btcentralplus.com)
Date: July 24, 2014 05:54AM

Apache 2.49
PHP 5.5.12
MYSQL 5.6.17
Orange Status.
Had MSVCR100.DLL but installed the recommended Microsoft Visual C++ updates and Microsoft Visual C++ 2012
Norton IS installed
Vista Business Edt 32bit

Hosts file;
127.0.0.1 localhost
::1 localhost
# Start of entries inserted by Spybot - Search & Destroy
127.0.0.1 www.007guard.com
127.0.0.1 007guard.com
127.0.0.1 008i.com
127.0.0.1 www.008k.com
# End of entries inserted by Spybot - Search & Destroy

127.0.0.1 localhost

I just installed the latest version, never used before.
All I want to do is to test some php and javascript / html / css on home server before uploading to live server. No databases required yet.

What to check and how to set up please.
No instructionsfor new user on the forum. No idea what vmhosts are.
My live server is managed and I can only control php.ini, htaccess and directory within my htdocs/root

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Orange Icon and New User!
Date: July 24, 2014 06:16AM

Ah...... apache isnt running as all services greyed out.
No apache error log...blank

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: July 24, 2014 10:19AM

If the wampmanager icon is not GREEN then one of the services ( Apache(wampapache)/MySQL(wampmysqld) ) has not started properly.

How to tell which service is not running if the wampmanager icon is orange.

Left click the wampmanager icon to reveal the menu-> Apache -> Service
If the Start/Resume service menu is Green then Apache IS NOT running.

Left click the wampmanager icon to reveal the menu-> MySQL -> Service
If the Start/Resume service menu is Green then MySQL IS NOT running.

If Apache is the service that is not running it is normally, but not always, because something else has captured port 80.

Now do,
Left click the wampmanager icon to reveal the menu-> Apache -> Service -> Test port 80
This will launch a command window and display some information about what, if anything is using port 80.

Whatever it is should be re-configured to not use port 80 or uninstalled if you are not using it.

If port 80 is not the problem look for errors in the appropriate error log ( use the wamp manager menus to view the error logs )

If these do not exists or show no errors then also check the Windows Event Viewer
Start -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer
And look in the 'Windows Logs' -> Application' section accessed from the menu on the left of the dialog for error messages from Apache and or MySQL.

How to Configure SKYPE so it does not require port 80 or 443
( This does not appear to be necessary on recent versions i.e. after march 2014 )

Run SKYPE
then using the menus do this:
Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Connection
Un-Check the checkbox next to 'Use port 80 and 443 as alternatives for incomming connections'
Now restart SKYPE for these changes to take effect.

If you are running Windows 8 SKYPE comes as an app and this cannot ( as yet ) be configured in this way.
However if you uninstall the SKYPE app and install SKYPE in the old way, you can reconfigure it, and it works just as well.

How to Configure Team Viewer so it does not require port 80 or 443
Run TV
Extras -> Options -> Advanced -> Press the Advanced Button -> Advanced Network Connections
Check the checkbox saying [ Dont use incomming port 80 (recommended for web servers only )

If the problem is not obvious then post the errors here

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: July 25, 2014 05:35AM

Hmmmm, well I had Skype on port 80 which I changed.
Then it told me I has IIS/7.0 on port 80 so i stopped the service (which in vista business is not uninstalling but deselecting from windows services to end the services)

This fault below was logged in event viewer but thats before i updated the VisualC++ files you recommend.
Faulting application httpd.exe, version 2.4.9.0, time stamp 0x532585f0, faulting module MSVCR110.dll, version 6.0.6001.18538, time stamp 0x4cb733dc, exception code 0xc0000135, fault offset 0x00009cfc, process id 0x1df8, application start time 0x01cfa62b14b27d00.

There are no other faults showing to apache in event viewer.

Date: July 25, 2014 05:53AM

Aha solved......apache start service became active from being greyed out so i started the service and it is now green icon.
Merci Beaucoup. Vivre La France!

Now I have another question. For my simple code work for websites I use EditPlus and the IIS7.0 enabled so the code would live update in the editor preview window. i.e it works like a simple server but reduced functions.
Having the WAMP Apache running will do the same thing?
But I want to place the finshed files in the apache server directory so I can emulate it being on the live server. What to do next for this?
I presume it something to do with localhost viewing the files. No domain names as these are pointed to the live server dns.
I hope you understand.

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: July 25, 2014 08:15AM

Read this STICKY post WAMPServer 2.5 The Homepage, Your Projects Menu and the need for Virtual Hosts

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.