Please visit this site using the in-game browser.
Posted by: Torach (---.011-87-73746f25.cust.bredbandsbolaget.se)
Date: December 13, 2009 10:00PM

Hello.

I just installed WampServer 2.0i

When I try to get to localhost I come to an page that just sais

Please visit this site using the in-game browser.

I have tried to use Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and no change. When I try to connect via my IP I get to the correct page but then I cant change anything since I am not connected localy..

Hope someone can help me with this.

Running Vista Ultimate 64bit.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Please visit this site using the in-game browser.
Posted by: 1545 (---.range81-159.btcentralplus.com)
Date: December 13, 2009 10:19PM

Hi Torach,

I have just installed WAMP server 2.0i, first time user, and got the same message.

When I clicked on the WAMPSERVER tray icon I saw an option to "Put Online" at the bottom of the list; worked for me.

Only other reference with a google search was the use of an Eve Online utility called EveMon - but I think that was a red-herring (stopped it anyway just in case).

Hope this helps.

Re: Please visit this site using the in-game browser.
Posted by: hsostock (---.wi.res.rr.com)
Date: December 14, 2009 01:44AM

It sounds like you're being redirected by an application that is listening on port 80. It might be different for Vista, but in Windows 7 here's one way to find out which application might be doing this.

Go to Control Panel -> Windows Firewall, then select Advanced Settings from the left. Then, click on Inbound Rules. This will display a list of applications/services which are configured to listen to a port, and this would be where you want to start looking.

It may not be listed on port 80, for example the Apache HTTP server is configured to listen on Any port, but you can see which rules are active (as well as the program related to the rule), which might help you hunt down the application doing this.

This might not be the best solution, so if anyone has a better idea, I'm all ears.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.