Compatibility with Windows 7
Posted by: yardvark (---.vw.shawcable.net)
Date: November 23, 2009 08:01PM

Wampserver problem on Windows 7
I have installed Wampserver 2.0i without problem on Vista but it does not seem to work with Windows 7.
Wampserver 2.0i seems to install on W7 but when I click on Localhost in the menu I get a blank page instead of the Localhost Wampserver homepage text.
The Wampserver icon in the notification area does not look completely white (hard to see) and there is a tiny black box in the centre of the icon instead of the arm\pointer in the Vista installation.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Compatibility with Windows 7
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras2.blp.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: November 23, 2009 09:27PM

u need to see that icon..

if its yellow /red and white its not ok....

change screen resolution to see

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Posted by: Sandra (---.perm.iinet.net.au)
Date: November 24, 2009 01:41AM

Try localhost/index.php - my menu isn't working, but that's where I accessed my installation.

If you hover over the icon you should see "WAMP5 - All Services Running - server Offline". If it's only "1 of 2 services running" or "no services running", then we know where we can start helping you.

Do not worry about the fact that it says WAMP5 and "server offline" - it is trivial.. as long as you did install from WampServer 2.0i.

Date: November 25, 2009 06:06PM

Tnx Steve.
I have both Vista and W7 Home on this computer. The Vista install works normally the W7 shows blank at [localhost]
My icon is not correct. From 9 oclock to 1oclock it is a greenish yellow. From 1 oclock to 3 it is white. The black arm that normally sweeps around during loading is replaced by a small black box at the dial centre.

Date: November 25, 2009 06:08PM

most likely u have something else using port 80

skype? iis?

or a firewall

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com

Date: November 25, 2009 06:28PM

Tnx Sandra

Since writing the reply below the problem has been resolved by un-installing Skype. I was able to re-install Skype later and WS still worked. I was aware of this conflict but as I had both Skype and WS on my Vista installation I didn't pay enough attention to it. Please see my final reply to SteveMartin99 for details.
Thank you very much for your help.

[localhost] I added the index.php to the localhost URL on the FF adress bar and still get a blank screen.

When I hover over the Icon I see WAMPSERVER - server offline. This is also what I see on my Vista install which is running normally.

Neither installation has Joomla or other installed yet.

I did install from Wampserver 2.0i from this website.

In both installations the index.php file is in the www folder and is 36.6KB in size.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2009 07:22PM by yardvark.

Date: November 25, 2009 07:12PM

Jackpot - I don't know why however now I can move on to other problems. :-)
I knew of the Skype problem but as I have Skype on my Vista installation and WS is working OK there I didn't pay much attention to it.

I turned off the Firewall, Disabled the FF Skype add-on, then uninstalled Skype and rebooted. On restarting WS I immediately knew things had changed. I saw the arm sweep across normally (black box is still there so not a problem).

Click on Localhost - all was OK.

Re-installed Skype 4.1 - rebooted - WS still works normally. Perhaps the Skype problem is one of which was installed first. Now my Skype is newer than the WS

Thanks ever so much for your help and lightning fast reply.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2009 07:46PM by yardvark.

Date: November 25, 2009 07:33PM

in skype - tools>options>advanced>connnection untick "use port 80"

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com

Date: November 27, 2009 07:27PM

Thank you very much for this. I have made the change in Skype to both my Vista and W7 installations.
Nick

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.