having trouble starting wamp in odd network
Posted by: kdrac21 (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: October 23, 2009 06:09AM

here is a picture of my network setup

[c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com]

i have wamp on computer 1 (server)

computer 1 is connected to computer 2 and the router

computer 2 is using the internet through comuter1

all the other computers are connected to the router

now when i click "put online" wamp will not go online like it did before i added computer2

i have noticed that computer 2 can only network with computer 1 but comp 1 can network with all others

can anyone help?

i have the 2 set up in this fashion because of my lack of 25 foot cat6 wires

i want to host the site and the automatic playlist from computer 1 but be able to do the live mixing via computer2 to avoid using too much cpu/ram on the server (the reason for the new computer)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: having trouble starting wamp in odd network
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: October 23, 2009 06:28AM

to setup access, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

to setup dns, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

to setup vh, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: October 23, 2009 07:44AM

thanks i will give this a try tomorrow.. if it works i can move on to a more pressing issue...getting my own www.com instead of dyndns routing... (i dont believe in paying for something when i am doing all the work and hosting for it )

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras2.blp.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: October 23, 2009 10:02AM

i think a cheap usb wireless dongle will sort out your issues alot more effectively.

>>[www.belkin.com]

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Date: October 23, 2009 01:09PM

i do not think the wireless dongle will help much, i am recieving multiple song files from the server (sometimes 3-4songs at the same time are being used) along with searching for a new song to add and as well the program preloading full songs/clips on the list, along with me sampling wich doubles the ammount of requested items from the server and i am streaming audio back to the server then out to the net,

i tried it with my laptop one day... wireless n will not cut it, perfectly it is enough, but then you have data error, lost packets, signal strength, and microwave ovens to lower your actual throughput. at which point you start to hear a (jumpy?) or very poor stream

wireless is ok for surfing even live preformance ( data coming in stored then streamed through audio device)

could do wireless with firewire run between audio card on comp2 and the server but i think that is even more complicated than the way i am trying now

alltho durring bar/club DJing i hotswap a hdd out of the server to a smaller computer5(wich never touches the internet due to 0 security for preformance reasons) and use the laptop to remote connect wirelessly to it when i am chatting on the otherside of the club or getting drinks at the bar, but even then computer5 is not hosting a web page on top of that.

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: October 24, 2009 04:36PM

you don't need usb wireless dongle as well as domain name, but you do need a proper VirtualHosts setup; just follow the guides I've provided winking smiley

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.