Install / Re-install / MySQL access
Posted by: gorsefox (---.range86-169.btcentralplus.com)
Date: October 10, 2009 12:58PM

I have just installed Wampserver 2.0i on my nice sparkly new machine. All was well until I started to follow some instruction regarding Wordpress that reminded me to set the root password for MySQL. Using phpmyadmin I dutifully set root passwords for root@localhost and root@127.0.0.1

Net time I tried to access MySQL I was presented with the "#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)".

I decided that the easiest approach was to re-install from scratch. I stopped all sevices, I used the Visat Control Panel to Add/remove Programs for WAMPSERVER and I then went and physically deleted everything that was left of the disk. Being paranoid I also shutdown and restarted the machine.

I re-installed WAMPSERVER... but I still have the same MySQL message when I try to use MySQL.

Can anyone offer some suggestions as to how I can resolve this..?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Install / Re-install / MySQL access
Date: October 10, 2009 04:28PM

I have read [forum.wampserver.com] which seems similar to my problem, but despite following the suggestions therein... I can still not access phpmyadmin and thus MySQL

Re: Install / Re-install / MySQL access
Date: October 10, 2009 04:39PM

Well, I have fiddled some more and by resetting config.inc.php I seem to have got back to a modicum of stability and can now see my databases.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.