Error when starting Wampserver
Posted by: zet401 (---.151-130-66.mc.videotron.ca)
Date: October 08, 2009 03:48AM

Hi,
I just upgraded from php 5.2.9-1 to php 3.0 (downloaded just the WampServer2-PHP530.exe package).
After running the exe, I cannot start wamp server anymore. The message is "The configuration file contains a syntax error on line 858: [EParseError] Invalid section tag".
The section at line 858 reads like this:
[php_ext_php_oci8.dll ; Use with Oracle 10gR2 Instant Client
]
Action: service; Service: wampapache; ServiceAction: stop; Flags: waituntilterminated
Action: run; FileName: "c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.2.5/php-win.exe";Parameters: "-c . switchPhpExt.php php_oci8.dll ; Use with Oracle 10gR2 Instant Client
on";WorkingDir: "c:/wamp/scripts"; Flags: waituntilterminated
Action: run; FileName: "c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.2.5/php-win.exe";Parameters: "-c . refresh.php";WorkingDir: "c:/wamp/scripts"; Flags: waituntilterminated
Action: run; FileName: "net"; Parameters: "start wampapache"; ShowCmd: hidden; Flags: waituntilterminated
Action: resetservices
Action: readconfig;

After correcting (just removed the comments with ;Use with Oracle... and bringing the ] on the same line, it shows several other lines with similar errors. Which I corrected again.
But in the end, the ini file gets replaced with the original copy, so here I am at the beginning again...

Any solution, please ?

Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Error when starting Wampserver
Posted by: toumimi (---.11.115-78.rev.gaoland.net)
Date: October 09, 2009 04:29AM

Hi,

Php 5.3 addon is still buggy...

You have to close WampServer.
You need to modify file bin/php/php5.3.0/phpForApache.ini and remove comments about Oracle ( ; included)
Copy this file to bin/apache/apache_version/bin/php.ini (replace file)
Delete everything from wampmanager.ini after line ";WAMPSTARTUPACTIONEND"
Save this file and start wamp

Florian

WampServer Patch (Screenshots)
Topic EN : www.wampserver.com
Topic FR : www.wampserver.com

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.