Connection Problem remote host
Posted by: Kwantakosta (---.access.telenet.be)
Date: September 28, 2009 09:40PM

Hi
i've searched the web for solutions to my problem but anything i try it doesn't work

i have visual studio 2008
i'm trying to get acces to my database (mysql wamp server) on my server and it just fails

when i'm running wamp on my pc (localhost) and try to connect to it it works just fine

when i try to connect to my server (using a computer.no-ip.org or just an ip 82.83.84.85) it can't connect to it
localy on the server i can connect to it but not over the internet

i tryed adding port 3306 to the firewalls ... no help
i turned of the firewalls ...no help
i placed a password on my msql on the server so i't protected ... no help

can anyone help me with this problem ?

i also tryed downloading the mysql connector and installed it so thats aslo not the problem ... and is works localy so ...

thx

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Connection Problem remote host
Posted by: toumimi (---.123.140-88.rev.gaoland.net)
Date: September 29, 2009 12:03PM

Most routers don't support loopback like this...
You can't use your public ip address to access your computer from inside your lan.
You can use 'http://validator.w3.org/' to test if it can access your webserver...

Florian

WampServer Patch (Screenshots)
Topic EN : www.wampserver.com
Topic FR : www.wampserver.com

Re: Connection Problem remote host
Posted by: Kwantakosta (---.access.telenet.be)
Date: September 30, 2009 04:42PM

i'm not working with a router ..

eather way i just connected my pc directly to my server ( this is hat i want to do later on) and set up ip 192.168.0.1 on server with 255.255.255.0 mask and on my pc 192.168.0.10 and 255.255.255 mask

i still cant connect so there is nothing between them no router, no firewall, no software that schould be blocking anything ( just vista :-) )

maybe there i another solution but i don't know what ...

what i want to so is make a simple sofware program in visual studio that ia able to add data to a database ( contacts, sales, ... ) and i want that software on multiple pc's , so i could set up a pc on the entrance of an event where they click on the screen to sell tickets and i want to be able to check on another pc how many people are inside ...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.