Upload size limit
Posted by: morasto (190.236.220.---)
Date: June 29, 2014 10:42AM

I need to import a .sql on phpmyadmin of 400mb so I changed the post_max_size, upload_max_filesize, max_execution_time, max_input_time, memory_limit to:

post_max_size = 750M
upload_max_filesize = 750M
max_execution_time = 5000
max_input_time = 5000
memory_limit = 1000M

Actually, there are like 3 php.ini in the wamp folder, so I tried changing those parameters in the other php.ini too.

The problem is that after restarting apache to apply the changes, this changes doesnt apply.

I would like to know if there is something else I need to do.

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Upload size limit
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: June 29, 2014 12:51PM

OK what are the 3 php.ini files for:

- \wamp\bin\apache\apachex.y.z/php.ini

This is used when you are runnig PHP within an web page i.e. via apache.

- \wamp\bin\php\phpx.y.z/php.ini

This is used by the PHP CLI (Command Line Interface) i.e. using php from the command line

- \wamp\bin\php\phpx.y.z/phpForApache.ini

This is where wampserver puts the the \wamp\bin\apache\apachex.y.z/php.ini file when you switch from one version of PHP to another so that when you switch back to you get back the php.ini you were using with this verions of PHP

So you should change the - \wamp\bin\apache\apachex.y.z/php.ini version. This is the file edited when you use the wampmanager menus wampmanager -> PHP -> php.ini If you use this menu you should always be editing the correct file.

To be honest when restoring large backup files its easier to use the MySQL Console
wampmanager -> MySQL -> MySQL console
as this has no limitations.

So like this

mysql> use db1;
mysql> source path/to/db1_backup.sql

mysql> use db2;
mysql> source path/to/db2_backup.sql

mysql> use db3;
mysql> source path/to/db3_backup.sql

Link to manual

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: June 29, 2014 06:03PM

Hi,

Imported by PhpMyAdmin SQL file of 400 MB, I've never done. However, I imported files larger than 280 MB.
To do this, there is no need to change anything in the php.ini file, just add specific directives into the alias PhpMyAdmin.
In wamp\alias\phpmyadmin.conf file, just before the last statement </Directory> add four statements to obtain:
  php_admin_value upload_max_filesize 512M
  php_admin_value post_max_size 512M
  php_admin_value max_execution_time 900
  php_admin_value max_input_time 900
</Directory>

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: morasto (190.236.220.---)
Date: June 29, 2014 09:14PM

Thank you Otomatic, your answer helped me fix the problem!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.