php_printer.dll Error
Posted by: florp (---.dialup.adsl.anteldata.net.uy)
Date: June 26, 2014 12:59AM

Hi, I am trying to print in a printer from php but I get this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function printer_open()

I am currently using php 5.5.12 and apache 2.4.9 installed with the latest wamp. I have downloaded the php_printer.dll and placed it in the extension folder.
I have also included this line in the php.ini printer.default_printer=PHP_INI_ALL and the line for the extension.
Please help!
Thanx

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: php_printer.dll Error
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: June 26, 2014 10:07AM

Hi florp,

Did you install the 32bit or 64bit version of WAMPServer?

I assume you got the php_printer.dll from here 'http://downloads.php.net/pierre/' but which one of the versions did you download.

If you got it from somewhere else where was that?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: June 27, 2014 01:44AM

Hi, I have the 64 bit version. I did not download it form there. I tried opening that link and never loaded. Now I am getting an error when I start wamp that it says:

PHP Startup: Uanble to load dynamic library
'c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.12/ext/php_printer.dll' -%1 is not a valid application.

Now due to this new error I can assume that de dll is not valid, do you have another place where to download it??

Thanx
Florencia

RiggsFolly Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi florp,
>
>
> Did you install the 32bit or 64bit version of
> WAMPServer?
>
> I assume you got the php_printer.dll from here
> 'http://downloads.php.net/pierre/' but which one
> of the versions did you download.
>
> If you got it from somewhere else where was that?

Date: June 27, 2014 10:26AM

For it to run with WAMPServer2.5(64) you have to have the 64bit (of course) and the thread safe version compiled with VC11 which I think is this one.
Thread Safe/Non Thread Safe is normally indicated in the zip's filename by either (-ts-) or (-nts-) normally one version will have one of these designators and the other you have to assume is the other one.

Officially Apache/PHP will load dll's compiled with VC9,VC10 and VC11 but if you can find one compiled with VC11 it is safest.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: July 04, 2014 01:50AM

Ok, now I could load the website 'http://downloads.php.net/pierre/' the latest I could find is the one compiled with vc9. Tried it and did not work. At least I donĀ“t have the not valid application error but I still get the Fatal error: Call to undefined function printer_open() error.

Still looking for the one with VC11 if you can fin it please post the site. Thanks for your help.

Date: July 04, 2014 10:04AM

These look promising :-

I googled 'php_printer download VC11'

On Github

On pecl

There are others, but personally I avoid all the get your dll's here sites as who knows what you might be downloading

Date: July 05, 2014 01:20AM

Yeeeeeeeeeeees!!! The pecl one worked! I googled before but never found the pecl site to download it and the git one did not worked. I have downloaded the 64 thread safe version. The right link is this one
[windows.php.net]

Thank you a lot for your help! You are very kind!

Posted by: azazel (---.prod-infinitum.com.mx)
Date: September 19, 2014 03:39AM

I have Apache Web Server 2.2.8 version on Windows 7 64bits I tried to copy this files into my /ext/ but did not work I still getting this message Fatal error: Call to undefined function printer_open() in ...

I will appreciate any help because I'm about to give up with this

regards Luis Moreno

Date: September 20, 2014 07:19AM

I am not exactly sure but I think Apache 2.2.8 is probably compiled with MSVC6 so you will have to look for a printer.dll compiled with that compiler.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.