Upgrading 2.0 versions
Posted by: blueshoe (---.hdbq1.win.bigpond.net.au)
Date: September 04, 2009 03:17AM

Hello,

Hopefully this is just a simple and perhaps stupid question - is it a straightforward process upgrading an earlier wampserver 2.0 release to the most recent one? Will the installer upgrade everything and retain all the existing settings? Or is it a little more involved?

Apologies if this is a stupid question but there's nothing in the FAQ's about it and the only warnings appear to be from upgrading from 5.0 to 2.0.

Cheers.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Upgrading 2.0 versions
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: September 05, 2009 01:25AM

not really simple as you thought if you're using version 1.xx

no matter what version, check this for backup
[blog.jlbn.net]

for v1.xx, you have uninstall old wamp, remove wamp folder before installing new wamp; for v2.xx, you can simply install new wamp over current wamp folder winking smiley

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: blueshoe (---.hdbq1.win.bigpond.net.au)
Date: September 05, 2009 06:07AM

It's actually an upgrade from 2.0f to 2.0i.

I tried upgrading in place with the 2.0i installer and following the installation, the Apache service won't start. Nothing in the error logs to indicate why either. I'm stuck with a yellow icon. Thankfully I still had the 2.0f installer handy and ran that again, and my site is back up and online again - but obviously I'd like to upgrade it - any idea as to why Apache won't run?

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: September 05, 2009 02:26PM

sorry forgot to mention that 2i has major change of php;thus, it might not able to upgrade directly, so you have to do like upgrade from 1.xx sad smiley

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.