fresh Wamp Installation - SQL Server Problem
Posted by: Agent_KGB (---.asm.bellsouth.net)
Date: September 02, 2009 04:15PM

I am trying to install Wamp Server 2.0 on my PC, go through installation and everything seems to work fine... except for my SQL server...

first of all, i guess it's not all fine, as my localhost does not get any responce, however i can still get to the page by going directly to [127.0.0.1]

second problem (and i think is the main one) is that when i am at the localhost page (which i get to by going directly to [127.0.0.1]) there is no SQLManager under Tools... however there is MySQL Server in the menu when i click on WAMPS icon on the bottom of my toolbar...

in addition, when i click on myphpadmin in the "localhost" menu area, i get an error that states this:

Error

MySQL said: Documentation
Cannot connect: invalid settings.
phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.

any idea what is wrong, and more importanly, how i can fix it?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: fresh Wamp Installation - SQL Server Problem
Posted by: Agent_KGB (---.asm.bellsouth.net)
Date: September 02, 2009 05:27PM

I decided to unstial version 2.0i and instal 2.0h now i see my sqlmanager, but when i click on myphpadmin it tells me this:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /phpmyadmin/ on this server.

is there something i need to do to fix my permisions?

please HELP!!!

Re: fresh Wamp Installation - SQL Server Problem
Posted by: toumimi (---.54.140-88.rev.gaoland.net)
Date: September 02, 2009 10:10PM

first of all, i guess it's not all fine, as my localhost does not get any responce, however i can still get to the page by going directly to 127.0.0.1

You need to modify hosts file (windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts without extension)
File should only contain a line (comments exepted) :
127.0.0.1 localhost

there is no SQLManager under Tools
SQLManager won't be included in next releases since it's not updated anymore, and is not (won't be) compatible with future versions of PHP.

You don't have permission to access /phpmyadmin/ on this server.
It should be solved by modifying hosts file.

Florian

WampServer Patch (Screenshots)
Topic EN : www.wampserver.com
Topic FR : www.wampserver.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.