Problem with phpmyadmin3
Posted by: Redjr01 (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: August 24, 2009 09:23PM

Initially, when I started using the phpmyadmin3, I came up with a warning that a password should be assigned to root@localhost to avoid security problems.

So, I went in to change my password by editting permissions on phpmyadmin3. Now I can't get back into phpmyadmin3 because of the following error:

Error
MySQL said:

#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.

Where do I check the configuration? How do I get the use of phpmyadmin3 back with a password for root@localhost?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Problem with phpmyadmin3
Date: August 24, 2009 09:25PM

Oh, I forgot to mentionn that I am doing this through the WAMP server as well.

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: August 24, 2009 10:34PM

Date: August 24, 2009 10:52PM

Thanks for you response,

Your answer doesn't handle the question. I already went in to change my password. However, I can't get into phpmyadmin3 because I get the error listed above.

Is my only recourse at this point to blow away WAMP and re-install? I tried to re-config the password in the file mentioned but nothing changes.

Let me know.

Thanks

Date: August 24, 2009 11:06PM

I already went in to change my password. However, I can't get into phpmyadmin3 because I get the error listed above.
can't get back in because you did NOT do it properly; also, search and delete any my.ini file outside wamp folder as well

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: August 25, 2009 02:14AM

Yeah, looking at the document you sent, I didn't set the password correctly. I checked for the my.ini file and had only one within the wamp file structure.

I do have a database setup and can manage it through the cmd window, however, things are a lot smoother with the phpmyadmin3 utility. A lot less typing. So, this isn't a show stopper. Yet, I don't want to remove the WAMP server and re-install because I will lose all my work.

So, I am thinking of running the application you gave to reset mysql. However, there is no documentation on that except for the download file. What exactly does reset mysql do? Will it harm any database I have setup?

Thanks.

Date: August 25, 2009 03:15AM

What exactly does reset mysql do? Will it harm any database I have setup?
it will reset mysql back to default so you can follow the guide to setup password properly and of course it's no harm to any db winking smiley

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: August 25, 2009 03:25AM

Okay, sounds great.

Thanks

Date: August 25, 2009 04:24AM

Well, I tried the reset and it didn't work. Still dead.

That's fine, though. My database is setup still and I can settle for the cmd window. It's too bad there isn't a way to properly reset a password. This should never be a fatal error.

Thanks anyway.

Date: August 25, 2009 04:34AM

did you complete shut down wamp before reset?

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.