Installed wampserver and get the following error message when trying to start apache service - how do i fix this
Posted by: bhaven111 (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: August 12, 2009 04:14AM

Your port 80 is actually used by :

Information not available (might be Skype).
Cannot install the Apache service, please stop this application and try again.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Installed wampserver and get the following error message when trying to start apache service - how do i fix this
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: August 12, 2009 04:42AM

IIS and Apache/Wamp are both web server and might conflict in some way, so you have to disable IIS in order for Wamp to work

Disable IIS in Vista/Win7:

Control Panel, Uninstall Programs, Turn Widows Features On or Off, uncheck Internet Information Services

Disable IIS in XP:

Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, Add/Remove Windows Components, uncheck Internet Information Services (IIS)

Restart computer, then restart Wamp

Also, open file hosts in folder C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc and make sure you have only this line and nothing else

127.0.0.1 localhost

also, if susing skype then open skype... tools>options>connection>advanced> untick "use port 80"

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Re: Installed wampserver and get the following error message when trying to start apache service - how do i fix this
Date: August 12, 2009 05:34AM

Got past that part

When i run PHPADMIN, i get the following error message:

How do i reset my root password?

Error

MySQL said: Documentation
#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.

Date: August 12, 2009 03:26PM

Date: August 13, 2009 05:14AM

I tried to follow the guidelines but i cannot get the PHPMYADMIN menus to follow the SETUP steps.

Welcome to phpMyAdmin

Error

MySQL said: Documentation
#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.

So how do i get to the PHPMYADMIN menu to fix the password?

Date: August 13, 2009 05:32AM

did you download resetmysql? also in file config.inc.php in folder wamp/apps/phpmyadminX.X.X.X there is nothing b/w single quote

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = 'NothingHere';

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: August 13, 2009 08:13AM

Yes i downloaded resetmysql and substituted the 3 files after copying the old ones to a backup location.

Confirming that there is nothing between the single quotes in the .php file. Still see the above message.

What else can i try.

Date: August 16, 2009 04:19AM

I got everything working except the fact that the email() command in the php script does not work.

this is the code on line 21:
email('bhaven111@yahoo.com', $subject, $msg, 'From: ' . $email);

this is the error:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function email() in C:\wamp\www\submit.php on line 21

Date: August 16, 2009 08:28AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.