Problem with MSSQL
Posted by: lordes (---.167-70-69.static.videotron.ca)
Date: August 10, 2009 04:24PM

I have installed WAMP 2.0 and i cant seem to be able to use the mssql function even do i activated the extension it always says Call to undefined function mssql_connect(), i need some help here.

PS: When i i put the server online a warning appear

PHP Startup: mssql: Unable to initialize module
Module compiled with module API=20050922
PHP compiled with module API=20090626
These options need to match

Thanks

Lordes

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2009 04:37PM by lordes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Problem with MSSQL
Posted by: Dygear (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: August 10, 2009 05:47PM

Ok, from what I can tell, the error is telling you that the version of the files you have are not of the same build. They need to match to make sure that the functions that are called are in fact there. I don't have a solution for this problem as of right now. But you might want to try a reinstall of your WAMP setup.

---> Below this line you will find my original message, that I've fixed, and you'll find the solution below <---

Yeah, I'm having a similar problem with the most current version of WAMP (2.0.0i), and I have to say I'm becoming very unimpressed with WAMP as it used to be the download, install and it works, with out having to fiddle with the config files. What happened to the quality of these releases?

I will try to point you in the correct direction on this tho. It would seem the error stems from the way windows handles forward slashes verse back slashes in. If you look, it seems that the error message resolves with the path including double slashes for the directory separator.

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\\Program Files\\PHP\\ext\\php_mysqli.dll' - The specified procedure could not be found.\r\n in Unknown on line 0

See, the backslashes? The there is two of them? That's an issue! Not sure how to fix it yet.

---> The solution to my problem <---

The solution to the problem was that, I have PHP installed on my computer that's not apart of the WAMP install, and that seems to be hijacking the WAMP installs PHP.ini file. The solution to this problem is to either uninstall the PHP software that's not apart of WAMP's, or edit the php.ini file that is apart of the the 'foreign ' php install (that is foreign as compared to WAMP's native php.ini file) and change the values so that it points to WAMP's PHP extensions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2009 06:29PM by Dygear.

Posted by: stevelizardi (205.157.136.---)
Date: August 10, 2009 10:38PM

ok So I changed the password in the phpmyadmin and now recieve the following error message:

Welcome to phpMyAdmin

Error

MySQL said: Documentation
#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.
Open new phpMyAdmin window

How can I fix this?

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: August 10, 2009 11:48PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.