I would like help enabling a complete copy of my wamp folder which I took as a back up.
Posted by: johnnywalker (---.aut.ac.nz)
Date: July 21, 2009 06:48AM

I would like help enabling a complete copy of my wamp folder which I took as a back up. I have a joomla website hosted on the file (wamp is the loaclhost obviously). The old site corrupted after I tried to add an menu extension. Some sort of PHP issue which I am not experienced enough to deal with.
Me and my associate are striving to have a great bakup solution to use. We tried joomlapack but are as yet unsuccessfull in achieving a re installation with the zip bakup file create from that method.

so i would like to use the complete copied file of wamp that I made when i was happy with the site. when i deleted the old wamp folder (which wasn't easy because i needed to reboot before i could delete it as windows wouldn't let me delete otherwise) I then passted in the wamp folder i was happy with. all seems well except, only the backend of joomla works. all other things seem fine exept the front end won't appear.

We are working on possible solutions like only pasting in the site file onto a new copy of wamp but reeally any sound advice would be hugely appreciated. We are using wamp.2h beacause the new version I seemed to be hard to install onto windows 7 operating system. we are using the latest version of joomla version 1.5.12

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.