Port 80?
Posted by: Zeek42 (---.dhcp.aldl.mi.charter.com)
Date: July 20, 2009 03:50AM

I have installed a WAMP Server on a computer with XP and Vista and both have worked very well. I have now installed a WAMP Server on a laptop with vista home premium. It appears to be working. The icon on the task bar is white, if I test port 80 for the apache service it says port 80 is actually being used by aphace/php. The service for mysql also seems to be working...

Unfortunately when I go to Localhost, pypMyAdmin or SQLiteManager the browser (ie or mozilla) says it can not connect to the local host. I have disable any anti virus or firewalls and it still won't work.

I'm getting very frustrated.

I'm thinking that something is blocking port 80 but I'm not sure what. If I list all ports being used when the WAMP Server is running no port 80 shows up in the list.

Any suggestions?????

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Port 80?
Posted by: ronysamuel (78.154.204.---)
Date: July 20, 2009 05:47AM

To find which process is using the port 80, run the following command at the command prompt.

netstat -o -n -a | findstr 0.0:80

This will give you an output which shows a PID (Process ID) that uses the port 80.

Go to Task Manager > Processes, find the program that has the above PID.

Mostly Skyoe uses port 80. If you have skype installed, go to options> connection and you have an option there saying "User port 80 and ... as alternative for incoming connection."uncheck this option, exit skype and your port 80 will be freed.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.