php not executed
Posted by: Ares (---.freedom2surf.net)
Date: July 16, 2009 05:59PM

On my WAMP installation, when I link to a .php file through localhost, I get a 'File Download' window offering 'Open', 'Save', 'Cancel'. If I click on 'Open', the .php file is opened in Internet Explorer with any <html> code executed OK but and <?php ...> code ignored.
Until recently the .php file ran as expected with no 'File Download' window but immediate display of the web page including both <html> and <?php ...> output.
I have had Windows problems which I have had to fix. Are there any links or pointers etc that I need to reset in the WAMP package.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: php not executed
Posted by: c2dan (---.15-1.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: July 16, 2009 06:21PM

Make sure your'e going to [localhost] to run your .php files

Date: July 17, 2009 06:59AM

I believe I am going to localhost. In detail, I :

1. start wamp server

2. left click 'igloo' icon for menu

3. click localhost. This gives a local webpage with link to 'trials'

4. click 'trials'. This gives a web page with a list of links to (.html and .php) files set up in c:\wamp\www\trials

5. click on the link to the .php file to run and then I get the unwanted 'Download file' window

I take it this is what you mean?

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: July 17, 2009 01:06PM

make sure your php files have no hidden .txt, and use full tag <?php ... ?> if short_open_tag is not enable in php.ini open through wamp tray icon winking smiley

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: July 17, 2009 06:27PM

Thanks for suggestions. None worked (or I misapplied them) so I have uninstalled Wamp, deleted the wamp folder, and reinstalled. Now all parts of the package (html, php, mysql) run OK but I've lost any chance of finding out what was wrong. I'll settle for that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.