WampServer Port/Redirect Issue
Posted by: rmahannah (---.ptldme.east.verizon.net)
Date: October 08, 2008 01:46AM

Ok... My ISP blocks port 80 because they are jerks! I signed up with No-IP for a free domain name and I am using port 80 redirect. Since my router uses port 8080 for its remote Admin login, and it is disabled, I had to choose another port for my WampServer to listen for... I chose 8180, and entered that into the 'hpptd.config' file for my Apache. Now my new domain name works, and opens my WampServer main page just fine, but I can not open my Dolphin project that was installed, configured, and working fine before. I probably have to enter the new port data into PHP some place, but I am not sure where. Can anyone help? Thank you!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WampServer Port/Redirect Issue
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: October 08, 2008 05:01AM

if I'm not wrong, the problem w/ no-ip is only forward to only 1 port and users can NOT get the good use of virtual host which is used for more than 1 website/domain, so here what I did

I've bought my domain JLBN for $3 a year, then sign up for free account at zoneedit, and now my computers can host more than 100 websites; of course, have to pay for high speed internet. Last year, I've changed isp 3 times since they block port 80 when finding out I've been running webserver.

In short word, you'd better change your isp then change default port 80, since you loose ability to use VH, FTP, SSL, webdav, so on

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: rmahannah (---.uscg.mil)
Date: October 08, 2008 07:03PM

Well, thank you for the info. I am limited on my ISP selection due to my location. I have DSL, and there are only a couple of providers... No other work arounds huh? I only want to run a small scale server, not a large network of servers... Take care!

Date: October 08, 2008 07:39PM

then you might not want to use no-ip, but use free dns such as zoneedit, then assign each website to specific port in vh

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: rmahannah (---.uscg.mil)
Date: October 08, 2008 08:51PM

I will give it a try. Thank you!

Posted by: iniyarajakumari (---.opera-mini.net)
Date: July 15, 2009 09:04AM

Hi everyone,

I had a redirect problem on my WAMP server application projects' admin page. Please help anyone to solve this problem.

thanx n advance!

Date: July 15, 2009 02:13PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.