problem changing phpmyadmin password
Posted by: atf2505 (---.sw.res.rr.com)
Date: June 20, 2009 06:31AM

ive installed and re-installed wamp a few times now but everytime i try to change the password for phpmyadmin it lok\cks me out with the error

"#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server."

is this as simple as modifying a file? if so which one? im new to wamp so i dont have a clue which file to modify. i had previously been using xampp and was made to change the password on it and never had a problem like this. can anyone help clarify?

i have done a little searching but couldnt find much other than a topic a little lower in the list but i would like to know how to fix this incase it happens again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2009 06:32AM by atf2505.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: problem changing phpmyadmin password
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: June 20, 2009 06:33AM

Date: June 20, 2009 06:59AM

for some reason that didnt work the first time i tried. thanks yfastud. i got the password reset but now i get

Your PHP MySQL library version 5.0.51a differs from your MySQL server version 5.1.33. This may cause unpredictable behavior.

i think that its b/c i tried to restore a backup from a prvious version when i backed up from godaddys server. is this ok or will it cause the unpredictable behavior it promises? if it does cause instability how can i restore a backup from the previous version of 5.0.51? ive got over 200 customers already and i dont want to lose them.. sad smiley..

Date: June 20, 2009 07:16AM

Date: June 20, 2009 08:06PM

thanks for the quick responses this morning yfastud. i do have a couple more questions though...

first does wamp use any other default ports besides port 80 for apache?

second im having a problem restoring the mysql backup from godaddys server. heres the error

SQL query:

--
-- Table structure for table `google_checkout`
--
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `google_checkout` ;

MySQL said: Documentation
#1046 - No database selected

the file is only 1.36MBso it should be uploading without a problem correct? ive tried deleting the google checkout part to see if it helps but it does the same thing with the zen address table after i delete the GC table...

Date: June 20, 2009 09:48PM

80 for apache and 3306 for mysql
did you already create db before restoring? if not, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]
btw, DROP TABLE means you delete that table and I wonder why you have it in your backup file???

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: toumimi (---.100.116-78.rev.gaoland.net)
Date: June 21, 2009 11:47AM

Hi,

> yfastud : You can sometimes tick this option to add "DROP TABLE IF EXISTS" queries.. No problem with that..

>atf2505 : I don't know how you're trying to restore your data, but you can add this at the top of your sql file
USE database_name;

Florian

WampServer Patch (Screenshots)
Topic EN : www.wampserver.com
Topic FR : www.wampserver.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.