OpenSSL
Posted by: mikekay (---.bluarc.ca)
Date: June 17, 2009 06:12PM

Greetings. I figured out how to enable modules/extension to PHP in WAMP (what an AWESOME package). OpenSSL does not seem to be there. Is there a way that this module can be added to WAMP?

Any help appreciated. I did do a search of this forum with no results.

Thanks a lot.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: OpenSSL
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: June 17, 2009 06:14PM

Date: June 17, 2009 09:17PM

Got to step 42 with no problems. When I go to Apache Modules to enable ssl_module I'm getting the following error message:

Could not execute menu item (internal error) [Exception] Could not perform service action: the service has not been started.

I backtracked thru all my edits and discovered a few mistakes in httpd-ssl.conf - which I have fixed. Now, when I go back to Apache Modules - ssl_module has a tick beside it, but it is not working. I can tell because the little WAMP icon is not white - it is 3/4 yellow. If I try to unselect - I get the same error message.

Also get the same error message when I try to enable PHP Extensions php_openssl.

I will back track again to see if I have any other mistakes - but if you have and advice - it would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Date: June 17, 2009 09:53PM

Under step 37 it shows the following:
<Directory "C:/wamp/www/ssl">
SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
AllowOverride All
Order allow,deny
allow from all
</Directory>

In my Apache error log - I got an error message saying that c:\wamp\www\ssl does not exist. In fact, it did not. I created a directory under www called ssl - but could this be the heart of the problem? I rechecked all instructions and this is the FIRST reference to this directory.

Again, any help most appreciated.

Date: June 17, 2009 10:12PM

It's now working. I'm not sure what I did. I was able to start both the apache service and the PHP service by stopping all services - then adding the module - then restarting the service. It took a few tries but it's working. I was able to complete the test and now have SSL under WAMP working fine.

The posted instruction to complete this were totally awesome. Thank you for taking the time to make these pages. The strength of open source RULES again.

Posted by: toumimi (---.100.116-78.rev.gaoland.net)
Date: June 18, 2009 01:27PM

Hi,

"Could not execute menu item (internal error) [Exception] Could not perform service action: the service has not been started."

=> Wamp tells Apache service to restart whereas it has not been started yet.
If you just start Apache before trying to enable extensions, it will be okay... winking smiley

And, I also think that extension is enabled even if apache service did not restart....

Florian

WampServer Patch (Screenshots)
Topic EN : www.wampserver.com
Topic FR : www.wampserver.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.