making website installer
Posted by: uberknul (---.ip.telfort.nl)
Date: June 11, 2009 09:03AM

Hi guys!

I was wondering if someone can help me with this idea:

I would like to make my own .exe file that will install WAMP with own presets (custom php.ini + custom php-module, pre-made mysql user and maybe already a database in mysql) and already a website in the public_html in it.

The idea is that clients can install a php and MySQL driven website with one setup for local use.

I've already looked at the .iss file from wampserver on sourceforge but it is just one step to difficult to see whats happening without having the sourcefiles in exactly the same position as inno setup expects.

Friendly regards,

Richard

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: making website installer
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: June 11, 2009 01:27PM

actually, it would be simpler than it sounds.
1. download wampserver here
[downloads.jlbn.net]
2. deploy a PHP website
3. create a setup.php script inside this php website; this script will create a db account w/ username and password already implemented in php site, you can check here for idea
[blog.jlbn.net]
4. create a simple instruction for customers which has only 3 simple steps
4a. install wampserver
4b. copy PHP website folder into document root of wampserver, ie. c:/wamp/www/php_site
4c. run file setup.php inside PHP website, ie. [localhost]
5. access php site as [localhost]
the most difficult part is number 2, in which you have to deploy PHP site and should use base_url() function so this site will run no matter it's local or worldwide, ie. localhost or domain winking smiley

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Re: making website installer
Posted by: uberknul (---.ip.telfort.nl)
Date: June 12, 2009 05:19PM

Hello!

Thanks for your reply! The idea is great and crossed my mind several times. But it lacks usability. I'm writing a program in PHP that i want to deploy commercially. So it is in the biggest interest of the program that users can install it easily.

Therefor i've tried to mail the author about possibility's for making a custom build. We also want tu use encrytped databasestructure so it is important that the users can get acces to the database.

Of cours i'm willing to pay an honest price for the effort someone puts in to this. For me it is just to much work. The author could help me in a few hours work or even less but it will cost me maybe 100 hours to learn the inno setup code.

I you have a tip for me on how to reach romain that would be great! Or if you can help me, just let me know.

Thanks again for your advice and effert you put in this (and the rest of the forum).

Friendly regards,

Richard

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.