What's the best computer language?
Posted by: Kirk Fraser (---.unknown.charter.com)
Date: June 09, 2009 03:44AM

I like using WAMP and want to be told what programming languages I should learn to make websites better and faster. I know WAMP and some web forums use PHP. I've read Google Maps was written in JavaScript which seems also known as AJAX. Some like Symfony. Others like Joomla. I hear Ruby is pretty. What are they all for? Can you lead a reader through the maze?

Does a person have to learn all of them to get a great application going or is there a minimal set of routines to grab from some and embed in others like the old Basic w/Peek and Poke paradigm or is there one or two complete languages that do it all?

I guess the first question is what languages do all or most Windows and Linux browsers support, what ones are generators for those languages, and what do people find most productivity using?

Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What's the best computer language?
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: June 09, 2009 04:01AM

I have to write a very thick book in order to explain all your curious, just kidding winking smiley
to make it short, you have to distinguish server and client scripts, paid and free

server scripts such as php, asp.net
client scripts such as javascript
free such as apache, mysql
paid such as sql

php runs on apache and use mysql for db while asp.net runs on IIS and use sql for db; free such as php is good to use but you have to search around for answer when needed solution while you can simply call microsoft if have issue on sql for example

each server or client script has its good and bad, so mostly depends on your favor winking smiley

btw, don't mislead scripts and applications such as symphony, joomla, phpbb, wordpress, ....

what do people find most productivity using?
most big business go w/ microsoft products while most medium and small business stick w/ free open sources winking smiley

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2009 04:10AM by yfastud.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.