Upload to Server?
Posted by: wampnewbie123 (---.hsd1.mi.comcast.net)
Date: May 30, 2009 10:29PM

Sorry if this is a dumb question. I have a website with hosting already set up. I had been working directly off the server creating sites with mysql and stuff. Then I started reading about wamp and how most people do testing on their local server and create the website that way. So I have it all set up, but my question is, how do most people sync their local stuff with thier website? I don't want to use my actual ip address and redirect to that since I am paying for hosting already. Do people just ftp their files like normal and then set up the database tables manually? It seems like more work doing it this way, I was kinda hoping I could somehow set up a way to sync everything, all pages, mysql tables at once? Or is it easier to just keep doing testing/design directly on my server?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Upload to Server?
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: May 31, 2009 06:31AM

you should not have problem to sync your webpages, but it depends on your host that allow you to directly remote access mysql or not; if not, you can't sync your mysql remotely sad smiley then you need to export/backup on local and import/restore your db on host winking smiley

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.